Twenty one

2 July 2020Emersyn Ripley

2 July 2020
Emersyn Ripley

There's so much I don't know about you, Romeo.

You killed someone.

I didn't want to know the details, I could see how reserved and tired you were when you came back to bed, I was too. Should I have asked you? Was there a reason you didn't explain yourself without being prompted?

Maybe the bigger question is, would you have told me if I asked?

I have a lot of trust in you, I believe everything you say and I hope you don't take that for granted because I don't like to put my trust into others.

I've trusted you with every aspect of my life, my body, my heart and my mind. Please don't give me a reason to stop trusting you.

Tonight is another event hosted by my father. I'm already exhausted at the thought of attending even if it is just downstairs, according to Niall it's fairly important so I must not be late.

I've been home since this morning, my parents being very gentle and doting on me like they're afraid I'll leave again, it's weird. Obviously Koen is also home and so is Buddy, when I visited my parents just to talk I made it clear that my kitten was also returning.

They accepted that on the deal he lived in my bedroom and didn't venture into the main body of our house. I was happy with that purely because I don't want him around my parents, Koen is also allowed to have him for sleepovers, he finds great comfort in my little kitten.

Harry's been supportive of my decision to go back home, I don't think he likes me staying at Joe's house but that's understandable, I'm pretending to be engaged to Joe and actually loving Harry.

I'm going to spend as much time as I can with Harry anyways, being at his house is my safe haven where I can be myself with no judgement. I love him and I'm beginning to love his parents because they treat me like a long lost child, caring for me like neither of my parents have before.

His dad's a little more quiet than I'd expected but he always smiles, offers a hug in greeting when he sees me while his mother is always around. It's like having this sweet little family who wants the best for me. I'm excited to see them tonight even if I can't interact with them.

I know they're attending because Harry texted for help with his outfit, wanting to match me in a subtle way. It's a way for us to feel like a normal couple in the chaos of reality but by matching we are simply wearing black and white/cream while most people downstairs will be dressed a little brighter.

We're trying to not stand out.

A cream strapless dress hugs the contours of my body perfectly, begging for Harry's hands to be all over me and resting high on my thighs. With a leather jacket over my arms and heeled boots that end just under my knee, I feel rich and confident.