Thirty Seven

The same night Emersyn Styles

The same night
Emersyn Styles

Every word you ever spoke to me Romeo was whispered into my heart, not my ears. Each kiss was never on my lips but my soul. You saved me in every way a person can be saved, thank you sweet Angel.

Now we get to bring a beautiful baby into the world, I know you'll be the most amazing daddy to our sweet little star even if you're scared. The months we had apart kept me wondering how I'd tell you, how you'd react but nothing could've prepared me.

Niall grasps my hands and peels me up from the mattress until I'm sitting upright, staring up at him with eyes pleading to be saved from the situation before it's even started.

"I'll leave this here." He lowers his gun down onto my lap slowly, sending me a look to tell me to use it if I want. "I'll go to my old room and shower, come find me if you need me."

I smile up at him, feeling him kiss my forehead affectionately before sending Harry a look I can't quite see. He's awfully quiet, standing hesitantly in the doorway with his fingers locked together almost like a child who's smashed their parents' favourite vase and is about to blame it on someone else.

I had expected him to not meet my eyes but as soon as I looked at his face - they found mine. It was like he'd been waiting since we last spoke to fully take me in again dressed as an Angel right in front of him.

He probably thought he'd died and I'd come to greet him in guidance to the other side; where the stars would hopefully let us through together.

When the door clicks shut behind Niall I blow out a soft breath, curling my fingers around the gun and beginning to get up from the bed.

Harry stays silent as I move around the room, placing the gun down because I don't want it anywhere near my unborn child before I slowly turn to face him once again.

Nerves are actually radiating off of him at this moment, I can tell from his eyes he doesn't know what to expect and honestly neither do I.

I just stated the obvious, "you left me."

He blows out a soft breath through his nose, remaining frozen in the doorway clearly unsure what to say to me. I don't think he can quite gauge what emotion I'm currently feeling because I'm not displaying anything, normally he finds it easy to read my eyes.

"Baby... I'm so sorry - you need to understand-" his voice is so fragile and in most other situations it would feel like a stab to the chest but right now I can't even think straight about anything.

"No, no, no... no!" I ramble, "I don't understand! Why would you do that to me?"

I hate arguing, I hate being this person because it's so unlike my true character. I'm meant to be quiet, gentle and that's what I want my baby to hear from me, not this loud person who's constantly shouting at their daddy.