CHAPTER CLXVI - Something fishy

Jun looked for a similar surprise in the eyes of her assailant, but she hardly found any. In the young man's eyes, which were as black as hers, she was only seeing anger. He seemed to hesitate for a moment, then raised his arm above his head, ready to strike her.

- No !

Jorge had lunged forward with the Shave, ready to fly to her aid, but Jun had stopped him with a scream. She was as quick as lightning and protected herself from her opponent's attack, knocking him to the ground. As he was struggling, she immobilized him with an armlock, preventing him from counterattacking.

- Jun... Jorge stammered. Who... Who is this guy ?

She seemed to clench her teeth and he didn't know if it was because she didn't want to answer him or if she was holding back the madman with great difficulty. Then, a burst of laughter rose behind the old bar and startled Jorge.

- What a charming family reunion ! Krokk Mash laughed, rubbing his big belly. The kid is ya girlfriend's lil' brother !

- Her brother ?!

She was still struggling to immobilize him.

- Stop moving ! she cried. I'm going to hurt you, otherwise !

- Well, do it, you poor bum, you couldn't beat me anyway ! Marsupunch : third fist !

To Jun's surprise, an animal tail sprang from her brother's back and, hard as steel, struck her full force. She released her embrace and he took the opportunity to jump up. He was now covered with a brown fur and two ears were standing on his head.

- A Zoan ?! Jorge cried.

As Jun struggled to her feet, her brother turned to Jorge, leaning on his powerful tail. It looked like he was ready for a fight. They were definitely not welcome here. But as Jorge was transforming himself, ready to fight his attacker back, another grabbed him from behind and slammed him to the ground.

- Jorge ! Jun cried before being neutralized by another attack from her brother.

All around them, the customers of the bar had gathered at the call of the boss. Jun's face was held against the wet, filthy floor by her little brother's grip, and a gigantic fishman was looming over Jorge. At a glance, Jorge realized that it was the strange guy with the pipe, the colossus who had been watching them in the shadows since their arrival. No doubt he was a kind of bouncer, or at least that was what Jorge thought until his assailant bent down to force him up. When he discovered his face, he was surprised to recognize him and almost choked.

- What... You ?!

Jun struggled but her brother and two other men pulled her up. Like her friend, she immediately recognized the face of the man with the pipe and understood why he had been watching them so intently. As she was stammering a few words of surprise, Krokk Mash turned to his bodyguard.

- Why are kids surprised ? Ya know them ?

The colossus nodded, and in the glow of his boss's shiny globe, his face became even clearer to the two young intruders : bulging muscles, scaly skin covered with scars, and, most importantly, a T-shaped head characteristic of hammerheads.

- You bet we know him ! Jorge cried, struggling. You were with the Zodiac, right ? Pistou, Pisser... Damn, what was his name again?

- Pisces, of course ! Jun growled, her teeth were grinding against each other.

The fishman was standing still, silently staring at them.

- I have not answered to that title for a long time, now. Hiro is my name.