𝟎𝟐𝟎 ✧ A SAD GRAND FINAL

─────  ⨾ 𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐃 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋requested by raggislover

───── ⨾ 𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐃 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋
requested by raggislover

ARTIST ♡ Jere Pöyhönen
WARNINGS ♡ None
SYNOPSIS ♡ Y/N is there for her boyfriend after the final results are given.

    THE RESULTS OF the Eurovision Grand Final wasn't what most people in the Green Room had expected, Finland coming second rather than winning. Y/N L/N couldn't help but to feel her heart break when she turned her head to see how her boyfriend was feeling after hearing the information. There was a sadness in Jere's eyes that she could see, which she didn't want to. Neither liked to see the other upset or in pain.

    She sighed and laced their fingers together as a way to give him some comfort. She could tell that he needed it and wanted to help him in any way possible. He had worked so hard for months and he was hopeful that he'd win since there was so many people cheering him on. For a split second, it felt like that was for nothing.

    The girl rubbed her thumb over his knuckles, earning a small squeeze of his hand. The Finn ran his free hand through his hair as he attempted to push down the frustrated feelings blooming in his chest. It was so close yet so far.

    Luke had come over to give Jere a hug, seeing that he was saddened by the end result. Y/N thanked him softly before he returned to his spot in the Green Room. Her attention then turned to her lover, not really listening to Lorine's performance, instead choosing to comfort the taller male. She did like 'Tattoo' but she was rooting for the man she loved more than anything.

    Jere was first backstage once everything was over and he disappeared into one of the bathrooms, leaving his girlfriend to wonder where he was at. However, she was aware of his patterns and how his brain worked, so she decided to search for him in the place where she thought he'd be.

    Stood in front of the same bathroom, she knocked on the door gently. "My love, please let me in."

    She didn't care how it looked, only caring about how Jere was doing. She heard some shuffling close to the door which opened up a few seconds later. She was met with Jere's tear stained face and her eyes softened instantly, her heart seemingly breaking even more. She didn't see how it couldn't honestly.

    She slipped into the bathroom and was sure to close the door behind her, locking it. Fresh tears fell from the man's eyes. The girl hadn't seen him this sad in such a long time and all she wanted was to make him feel better. He was her cute boyfriend who was the embodiment of a puppy; he was always smiling and laughing and making her feel so much happier. Seeing him crying almost felt wrong.

    He was always there for her when she was down so she needed to return the favor. The H/C haired girl reached her hand up to wipe away some of his tears, wrapping her other arm slightly around his waist. By now, he was shirtless, having taken off the green jacket thing.

    "Did I work so hard for nothing?" His voice was full of emotion, genuinely thinking that question.

    Y/N shook her head before responding to the question that she thought was absurd. "No, absolutely not. I know that you are disappointed, as am I, but you did everything right. Your hard work paid off! Even though you didn't win Eurovision, you won the hearts of so many people."

    Jere went to argue but she didn't let him, needing to get her feelings out in the open first. She wanted him to think about all that had happened, all the friends he had made. It wasn't all for nothing and deep down, the dark haired male understood that.

    "Jere, I'm so proud of you, as are the friends we've made here. I didn't have to feel the stress of competing and I can't even imagine how it's felt, but you always inspire me." It was true, her boyfriend was her inspiration for quite literally everything. She was amazed by him and how kind he was, how hardworking he was.

    He sniffled and calmed himself down. He was quite a sensitive person and sometimes he just had to allow himself to feel anything he needed to, Y/N was aware of this, but she still was there for him no matter what.

    "Thanks, angel. I just needed to let out some of these emotions. I feel like I'm starting to be emotionally drained but I am grateful for you being here with me, I love you more than you know." The Pöyhönen did not know what he would do without her.

    They had been dating for two years now but she still had him wrapped around her finger. She was the best and he wholeheartedly believed that she was the only person for him.

    "Of course. You know I'm always here for you. I love you too, bub." She took her right hand and touched Jere's chest, close to where his tattoo was. The touch was given to further calm him and ground him.

    "I'm okay," he stated.

    She only let him go wash his face once she was sure. Once he was done, the two were ready to join everyone again. Y/N was sure that they were all wondering where the two went.

    "You ready to see everyone?" Her question was genuine since she didn't want him to do anything he was uncomfortable with.

    When he nodded, the L/N opened the door and the two walked out, wandering off to find their friends. Jere grabbed something to drink whilst Y/N talked with Alika. Everyone spent the rest of their time at the venue, cheering up the Finn further and messing around, wanting to cherish these moments.

 Everyone spent the rest of their time at the venue, cheering up the Finn further and messing around, wanting to cherish these moments