𝟎𝟏𝟕 ✧ SWITCHING SONGS P1

─────  ⨾ 𝐒𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐒, 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄requested by grayerthangray

───── ⨾ 𝐒𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐒, 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
requested by grayerthangray

ARTIST ♡ Jere Pöyhönen
WARNINGS ♡ None
SYNOPSIS ♡ Y/N is tasked with covering 'Cha Cha Cha' as a Eurovision bit which ends up leading to him confessing to her.

    Y/N FINISHED GETTING ready and began stretching for their performance. This year for Eurovision, there was a new thing that was started where as an interval act, some of the contestants would switch songs. They'd been asked to choose a piece of paper that had the song title. She was one of the last to choose and she ended up with 'Cha Cha Cha.'

    Jere Pöyhönen had become a good friend to them and they wanted to make him proud with their cover. She loved the song and the high energy it had but she also worried that she wouldn't be able to pull it off, even with the practice she had put in.

    The male walked up to her once he saw her, smiling at her appearance. She did not have have a crazy stage outfit but they did don a green shirt and black pants. He was excited to see what they would do with his song and he wanted to cheer them on. That was his plan since he didn't have to be part of the song switching.

    There were only about ten artists who were asked due to time constraints, but the rest of the contestants were honestly happy since not all the songs fit everyone.

    "You look great." Jere complimented her, still smiling and looking cute like always.

    Y/N laughed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Thanks, I tried, but no one can outdo the original. Hopefully I do well. I hope you're impressed and it doesn't go badly."

    The girl had practiced pronouncing each word hundreds of times so they hoped it paid off. They spoke and understood some Finnish but was nowhere near fluent enough to be confident in singing the language. She thought about asking him for help but was hellbent on doing things themself.

    The dark haired male pulled his friend into a hug, patting her back. "You will do great, I believe in you." It was true, he really believed in her with everything in him. How could he not? He wanted the girl to succeed with all that she did.

    He only released her from his hold when a staff member called her name, telling them that they were next on stage. The H/C haired girl took a breath before getting ready to go on stage, warming up her voice and stretching one last time.

    They eventually went on stage and started the performance. She channeled her inner Käärijä and embodied the song as best as possible. She did similar dance moves and actions to the ones Jere would do. Deep down, she hoped that he would enjoy the performance, and she was right.

    The Finn was stood in front of one of the tv monitors, watching his friends with heart eyes essentially. It anyone was to cover his songs, he would always want it to be Y/N as she just got him and the vision. She was killing it and he was mesmerized, unable to take his eyes off of her.

    With each moment that passed, he was falling for them more and he couldn't help it. He looked like a lovesick puppy and everyone around understood the reason. He didn't keep his interest in the L/N a secret, although she had yet to catch on.

    From the monitors, he could hear the crowd screaming and chanting along, clearly enjoying the performance. He thought that she had quite the stage presence and she really understood how to make the stage her own. It was one of Jere's favorite things about them.

    The song ended and Y/N took a couple of deep breaths to calm themself down. The feeling of the crowd was electric and it truly was unlike anything she had experienced before. She thanked everyone before returning backstage, fanning herself with her hands a couple of times. Some people clapped for her once she came back, Bojan and Alessandra being two of them as she noticed from the corner of her eye.

    She mouthed a "thank you" before going in the Pöyhönen's direction. They crossed their arms over their chest and didn't hesitate to speak, making their presence known. "What did you think?"

    The Finn thought about how to answer in English. "It was great. I loved it—and it was party." His accent seemed almost stronger because of the emotion hidden in his voice as he spoke.

    "That's what I was aiming for," she finally confirmed.

    "Thanks for being supportive, I really do appreciate it. I enjoyed performing the song. Now you should try mine." They joked with Jere quite often about him trying their song and it had become a running joke between the two at this point.

    "Maybe I will." He wiggled his eyebrows afterwards to make Y/N laugh, which he succeeded at.

    "I look forward to that," she teased before sighing. "I should go change into my other outfit. We still have to perform later." Her words referred to the fact that the finals were still currently going on.

    "Alright," was all he said before he watched Y/N L/N walk towards her dressing room, still giving her heart eyes much like earlier.