21

I was walking on the street with Louis and we were just done with my doctors appointment. I am near the end of the first trimester and we were just enjoying that fact alone. Like... I will officially be in the second trimester after the end of this week. There were a few times during this portion of my pregnancy where I would wake up with night terrors due to my past instances with my miscarriages coming into play.  They of course would be there to relax me and calm me down, but I guess it was just because of my inner trauma, because I did believe that it was over and done with when it comes to the incidents.

"Slightly more than 1½ inches long now and weighing about a quarter of an ounce, your baby has been pretty busy growing this week. Hair follicles are forming not just on the crown, but on the rest of the body. And those tiny hands and feet have individual fingers and toes.

Meanwhile, fingernail and toenail beds begin to develop this week; in the next few weeks, the nails themselves will start to grow. While you can't tell what baby's sex will be yet, ovaries are developing if it's a girl. Which is not entirely necessary since we want everything to be a surprise. Anyways! By week 11 of pregnancy, baby has other distinct human characteristics: hands and feet in front of his body, ears nearly in their final shape, open nasal passages on the tip of his tiny nose, a tongue and palate in the mouth, and visible nipples. Your baby's body is straightening and his torso is lengthening. Other poses your baby can assume now: stretches, somersaults and forward rolls. 

You might be feeling a bit hungrier these days — and that's good. It's a sign your morning sickness is easing and your appetite is gearing up to help you nourish your body... and your baby. Try to gain weight efficiently by choosing the most nutritious and minimizing the junk. At 11 weeks pregnant, your lower abdomen is probably just starting to protrude a bit too — though people may not guess that you're expecting yet." "Which means that not a lot of people won't be asking to rub your belly yet, yes?" Louis asked and I nodded my head and the two of us walked into my own bakery. I haven't been in here for a while, but of course I've managed it well and made sure that business has been going well.

"Even if it your tummy is still flat as a board — all women start to show at different times and, as you'll find out, all show differently — you're probably finding your jeans aren't buttoning without a struggle. The uncomfortable fullness you feel in your abdomen, especially after eating, will only get worse for some. As your uterus grows, it'll crowd the stomach and intestines, putting more pressure on the digestive tract and causing you to feel even more bloated. Your baby won't feel your pain. In fact, your baby is oblivious to all your intestinal distress — and may even be soothed by the gurgling of your gastric symphony. By grazing instead of gorging and steering clear of notorious gas producers, such as beans, fried foods, soda and sweets.

Pregnancy fatigue is par for the course when you're pregnant, especially in the first and third trimesters. After all, your body is growing another human being in the form of your little baby.

In the meantime, fight fatigue by eating energy-boosting snacks like nuts, dried fruit, cheese and crackers and other healthy foods that can give you a kick. You should also indulge in cat naps whenever possible, take breaks when you're wiped out, and engage in pregnancy-safe exercises like walking, which can help combat the sleepiness." Louis looked around while he was ordering for the two of us and I didn't fail to notice him adding some of the recommended snacks to our order. It made me smile wide and I thanked him with a kiss to the cheek.

"Not only can a yoga routine help you feel more relaxed and prepared for birth, but a once-a-week prenatal yoga session, when done for at least two months, is enough to reduce the risk of anxiety and depression. That, in turn, can lower the risk of premature birth and postpartum blues.