A Unthinkable Promise

En başından başla

    "What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

    "Y/n, remember our last mission together before you escaped?" She asked quietly and my eyes widened. I nodded. "We know too much. You must realize this."

    "I do, but as long as Thanos doesn't find out, we'll be okay... Right?" I asked cautiously.

We both took seats next to each other at the table while looking out into the void of space. Gamora flipped around her knife that Thanos himself had given to her as a small child.

    "Hey, Darlin." Peter greeted me as he came back up the stairs with a kiss to the side of my head. "Hello, little one." He said with a smile as he patted my belly and I chuckled. "Hey, Gamora. By the way do either of you know if these grenades are the blow-off-your-junk kind or the gas kind?"

    "Why?" I asked curiously as I rubbed my belly.

    "Well, because I was thinking about hanging a couple on my belt right here. But I don't want too if they are cause, I mean we got an actual kid to think about now. Isn't that just the most crazy thing? Gamora, how did you feel about it..." Peter ranted.

    "I need to ask a favor." Gamora said interrupting Peter and we both looked at her curiously.

    "Of course." I nodded.

    "Yeah, sure." Peter agreed.

    "One way or another the path that we're on leads to Thanos."

    "Which is what the grenades are for." Peter smiled proudly as he tossed one up and down.

I caught it mid air and scowled at him before placing it back on the table ever so gently.

    "Uh, I'm sorry. What's the favor?" Peter asked sheepishly.

    "If things go wrong... If Thanos gets me or Y/n... I need you to promise me..." Gamora started to speak as she gave us both a most serious look. I started to realize I knew exactly where she was going with this. It was something we promised each other long ago after we escaped. "You'll kill me. You'll kill us..."

    "What?" Peter asked astonished by her words. "No, no way. I'm not killing my wife, my unborn child, or even you; our sister. Not happening. No." Peter said immediately.

    "Peter." I stated softly as I grabbed his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "She's right."

    "You're with her on this?!" He exclaimed in disbelief.

    "Yes." I nodded. "We know something he doesn't... And if he finds it out, the entire universe would be at risk."

    "What do you know?" Peter asked seriously.

    "If we told you, you'd know too..." Gamora said quietly.

    "If it's so important, shouldn't I?" He asked concerned.

    "Only If you wanna die." I sighed.

    "Why does somebody always have to die in this scenario?" Peter asked incredulously.

    "We're gonna do everything in our power to make sure that doesn't have to happen, Peter." I stated seriously. "But should it happen, Gamora's right. We need you to trust us and to possibly kill us."

    "I mean, I'd like to simply because of what you're asking me right now..." Peter shrugged. "But you, your pregnant... I-I can't do that."
I placed my hand over Peter's mouth and he stopped talking.

    "Just swear it, okay?" I asked softly and sadly.

    "Swear to us, on your mother." Gamora said seriously.

I slowly removed my hand and looked deeply into Peter's eyes. He let out a small sigh and the nod of his head.

    "Okay."

I smiled weakly at him. I could see the fear in his eyes. I had it too and I know I did. I didn't want to die. But I couldn't let the universe be destroyed either. Peter wrapped his hands around me and pulled me in close to him as Gamora stared back out the window. I placed my hands on his cheeks and my thumb lightly stroked his bearded face. Our faces moved closer to together until our lips touched softly. I honestly didn't know what I'd ever do if Peter wasn't in my life.

As we kissed, we suddenly heard the sound of a crunch. Causing us to slowly break apart. Even Gamora's head turned away from the window and the three of us looked at Drax.

    "Ugh." I groaned.

    "Ooh." Gamora moaned annoyed.

    "Dude." Peter scoffed. "How long have you been standing there?"

    "An hour." Drax replied simply and my eyes widened.

    "An hour?!" Peter said.

    "Are you serious?" Gamora asked.

    "I've mastered the ability of standing so incredibly still... that I become invisible to the eye. Watch." Drax stood still for only a mere second before he extremely slowly moved his hand into the bag of nuts he was eating to take another one. Making it so we could very clearly see him.

    "Y-You're eating a Zarg-nut." Peter pointed out.

    "But my movement was so slow that it's imperceptible."

    "Mm-no." I shook my head.

    "I'm sure I'm invisible." Drax mentioned as he continued to eat his Zarg nuts.

    "Hi, Drax." Mantis said happily as she entered the room.

    "Damn it." Drax cursed and walked away.

WORD COUNT: 1,250