Symbolism For Love

ONE YEAR LATER:

I paced in my room in full dress and gown. I was nervous beyond belief and I wasn't sure why. Well, I did. I mean today's the day I was marrying Peter Quill. My childhood sweetheart, the love of my life, my best friend and partner in everything I did. I was scared as hell to be marrying him.

    "You're going to run out the floor boards with how much you're pacing." Gamora pointed out. She looked amazing in her red dress as she was my Maid of Honor. I tried to get a hold of Nebula to join my wedding party, but was unable. "Y/n, relax. Everything is going to be fine."

    "I know... I'm excited to marry Peter. But I'm also nervous." I explained and she stood up and grabbed my hands making me stop moving.

    "Peter is your soulmate. He's not going anywhere and neither are you." Gamora said calming me slightly.

    "It's not just that. The part that I'm most upset about is I tried calling my brother. It's been over a year, over and over I've tried. I haven't been able to get ahold of him. I don't care really about my father's blessing, but I care about his..."

    "I understand. But most of your family is here for you, even if it's just in spirit and in here." She pointed to my heart. "Things with you and Peter will always be fine. And we will keep looking, Y/n. We will find your brother and our sister."

    "Here." Mantis said as she offered me her hand. She was wearing the same dress as Gamora as she was my only other bridesmaid. I gladly nodded and she touched my shoulder letting all anxieties wash away from me.

    "Thanks, Mantis." I sighed relieved with a nod. "Okay, I can do this."

    "Hey, we're ready for you." Rocket said as he opened up the door after a small knock.

Groot was nearly a teenager now and he stood behind him. Both were wearing little dark blue tuxes with black bow ties.

    "I Am Groot." Groot said trying not to show so much emotion but I saw one tear trickle down his wooden face. (You are the best Mom, a Groot like me could have asked for. I'm so happy for you and Quill.)

    "Aw, Groot. You're gonna make my makeup run. I love you so much." I hugged him and he hugged me.

    "I Am Groot." (I love you too.)

    "No, smudging the masterpiece." Gamora shook her head as she separated us. "Come on, let's get you down that aisle."

Rocket held up his hand and I grabbed his tiny paw letting him hold my one finger. We all walked out of the room and I could hear the procession of music start. Mantis and Drax walked up the aisle first and then Gamora and Kraglin. I took my final deep breath. Rocket, Groot and I started walking and we turned the corner. The small chapel we were in was only filled with a few people. Once again we were on Xandar. The Nova Corps officers and the Nova Prime were among those watching us get married. The new Ravagers we had gathered along the way were also there. Officer Danarian Dey stood at the alter and just barely in front of him stood Peter.

He wore a dark blue suit similar to Groot and Rocket. His brown hair had been cut recently so it was out of his eyes and slicked back nicely. As soon as I saw him every worry washed away. Every step was just another step to new beginnings and new adventures with my best friend at my side. But he was about to be more than that now. Instead I'd get to call him my husband. Rocket and Groot handed me off to Peter and we both stood in front of Dey who cleared his throat.

    "Hello everyone. Welcome family and friends. As we all know, we're gathered here today to celebrate the creation of this union that has been nurtured by the sights and sounds of the Galaxy for Peter Quill and Y/n Odindottier. We didn't have to travel far to get here, but Xandar is where Y/n and Peter first met. So it's only appropriate that they tie their union in the same place. We thank you all anyways for coming to support their union. There is one more thing that Peter wanted to point out too his bride." Dey announced and I looked at Peter nervously.