◜chapter thirty four◞

They waited for the night to pass and as the sun rose, so did the five people that were slowly gaining one another's trust

                 They waited for the night to pass and as the sun rose, so did the five people that were slowly gaining one another's trust. Henry and Joel stood at the window whilst the three youngers of the group stayed sat at the large table. Ellie, Cassie and Sam all laughing with each other, Ellie and Sam connected really quickly. Cassie more reserved about the new comers, not wanting to trust too quickly.

It wasnt long before Joel, Henry, Cassie and Ellie stood around the end of the table, Henry sketching their way out of the QZ. The man was explaining the route they could take and who was posted up at each exit.

"so, how do we get across" Henry asked rhetorically, knocking on the table to get Sam's attention before signing the question at the younger boy. The boy then scribbling down on his makeshift notepad the word 'tunnels'. Henry clicked his fingers and pointed to the boy "Boom"

"Kansas city has a subway?" Joel asked

"No but they do have maintenance tunnels" Henry answered "there was a bunch of buildings all put up by the same developers. and they share these tunnels, including, a bank building here " Henry carried on drawing down their way out "So we enter the tunnels here, travel underground and pop up here. Westside North, residential"

The three others listened intently as Henry continued explaining their escape route, It didn't seem necessarily too hard. Sure it was going to take a while and Cassie knew not to under estimate how difficult things can get but with the four of them (that had weapons) it would be relatively easy.

"your right, its a great plan. So what do you need me for?" Joel asked dumbly, as if the three would have found a safe exit without Henry.

"you notice anything... strange? about this city?" The man asked the three others "i mean other than the strange shit you've already seen"

"no infected?" Ellie questioned

"oh there's infected, just not on the surface" Henry told the girl "FEDRA drove them underground 15 years ago and never let them come back up, the only good thing those fascist mother fuckers ever did"

"so you want us" Joel signalled to the three of them "going into a tunnel"

"everyone thinks that its full of infected, including Kathleen which means were not gonna be running into any of her people. But you see what i know is, its empty"

"so you've been down there" Cassie crossed her arms

"no. But the FEDRA guy that i worked with told me that its clean, completely clean, they cleared it out. All of it"

"when" Ellie asked, sharing a look with her best friend

"like, three years ago" Henrys comment made Joel scoff and the two girls give him a monotone look "okay, maybe there's one or two but you handle it"

"what if there's more?" Joel asked

"or one of those blind ones that see like a bat" Ellie added, Cassie nodding in agreement

"wait, you ran into a clicker?" Henry questioned them

"multiple" Cassie gave the man a look

"and your still alive, you see?" Henry shrugged "your the right people, if it gets bad down there, we turn around and run right back out the same way we came."

"oh that's your great plan!"

The trio agreed and before they knew it, the five of them made their way into an abandoned mall

The trio agreed and before they knew it, the five of them made their way into an abandoned mall. Ellie and Cassie shared a look before continuing on behind Henry. Entering a door, the five stopped on the stairs. Cassie's hand slightly holding onto Ellie's arm.

"this should be it. you ready?" Henry asked them

"get you gun out" Joel instructed Ellie before turning to Cassie "you stay close to her, use your knife if your desperate"

Cassie nodded and interlocked her hand with Ellie's whilst Joel shuffled to the front of the group to lead the way down. They had made it into the tunnels, it was dark and damp and their little flashlights weren't doing too much to make it less dingy.

"you see, its empty. The plan is good!" Joel immediately shushed the man.

"the plan is good? weve been down here two seconds" Joel scoffed

"and i already feel myself getting some sort of disease so can we get a move on" Cassie begged. The two girls stood either side of Sam as they made their way further into the tunnels

 The two girls stood either side of Sam as they made their way further into the tunnels

boring filler chapter because i felt the urge to get SOMETHING out for you guys. I seriously apologize again but lifes getting busy atm. With college and work and i just turned 18 so im going out a lot! I just dont have as much time to write as im always tired. I will NOT be discontinuing this book however uploads will be inconsistant and less frequent, i love you all!!