◜chapter one◞

"so this is the shit hole you live in" The voice made Cassandra let out a scream, no one knew where she lived so when she switched on the light and saw Riley Abel, one of Cassie's best friends, it was a big shocker

"Jesus Christ dude how the fuck did you find me" Cassie groaned, throwing her backpack down before collapsing on the sofa

"dont get too comfy were going on an adventure" Riley told her, standing up from her seat on the window sill "and i know people who are stealthier than you. your easily trackable"

"wow, how reassuring of you Riles" Cassie took Riley's hand and hauled herself of the couch "so your what? part of the damned fireflies?"

"yes, i am. Just like i told you i would" The darker girl smiled over at her best friend, grabbing her backpack and emptying its contents. Putting only the essentials in it as Cassie walked over to her very empty closet to grab a pair of black baggy joggers to change into that also matched with her long sleeved, tight fitted black tee.

"where are we going?" Cassie questioned her friend, grabbing the backpack from Riley's hand before following said girl out of the apartment block

"its a secret Cassie" Riley rolled her eyes and held out her hand for the girl, cassie interlocked their fingers and walked alongside her best friend. The two walked relatively care free, only ducking under cover when guards went patrolling by. They ended up scaling walls and jumping over rooftops, the pair had even found a bottle of alcohol that Riley made the girl promise to save for later.

They ended up in the old abandoned mall that had been blocked off for ages. With a promise to be back as soon as possible, Riley left Cassie sitting in the electrical room to the mall with a plan set in motion.

Of course Riley was trying to scare Ellie when she woke her up with a hand over her mouth but she wasnt expecting a full blown beating and a knife in her face

"so, how's it going" Riley asked after an awkward few minutes "okay its bad"

"i thought you were dead! you were gone for three weeks, i should fucking stab you" Ellie scoffed at the girl.