◜chapter four◞

Cassie didn't know how Riley did it but it got better

Cassie didn't know how Riley did it but it got better. They where all squashed into a small box, Ellie and Riley on the bench with Cassie perched awkwardly on their legs so she was in between them. Cassie explained it would be easier for her to just sit on one of them but they insisted she was in the middle. Ellie pressed one of the buttons as the machine spoke to them

"hey, being cool aint free. please insert five dollars"

"oh fuck you" Ellie yelled at the screen

"well look at that. I came prepared" Riley pulled out a five dollar note

"have you done this before" Cassie asked her friend

"no, idiot. I was waiting to do it with you two" Riley scoffed, placing the bill into the slot. Cassie turned to face Ellie with a smile, the two sharing a silent conversation. Cassie was in fact the only one ready for the first photo, grinning at the camera whilst the other two questioned what pose to do. The second pose, Cassie threw her arms over her best friends shoulders and held up bunny ears behind her friends heads. The two girls faking a shocked look.

The third one, in Cassie's opinion, was the coolest. The three all faced the camera, their eyes squinted as they held up finger guns. Ellie suggested a scary one for the final one, Riley and Ellie holding their hands up and growling while Cassie gaped her mouth and placed her hands on each of her cheeks as if she was screaming.

"your photo's are almost done" The machine told them, the three wiggling around to get back into a more comfortable position as they had fallen down the seat while they where taking photos. riley grabbed the photo reel, instantly cursing at the barely printed photo's. The only clear one being the first one, Cassie smiling at the camera while Ellie looked at the girl in admiration. Riley's eyebrows scrunched in confusion. The others where clear enough to just see but not as good as the first one.

"who's keeping it then?" Cassie asked, turning her head to look at the pair. Ellie was quick to snatch it from Riley's hand, no one interfered and allowed the girl to keep it.

"come on, weve got places to be and wonders to see" Riley instructed as they clambered out of the photo booth "fourth wonder of the mall and i hope your prepared because its pretty dang awesome and it might break you" Ellie told the girl not to over sell it before getting stopped by Riley's arm "listen"

The distant sound of overlapping voices and loud clacking caught the two girls attention. Cassie's jaw dropped as she turned to Riley who nodded, Ellie just grinned and took of running. Cassie was quick to follow with Riley on her tail. The three stopping directly in front of an arcade. The singular place the trio had talked about going to together if they weren't in the middle of an apocalypse.

"this is probably one of the most beautiful things ive seen" Ellie commented, her eyes trained on the games as the lights from inside reflected on their skin. The three walked inside the arcade, Cassie splitting off from the others as she eyed the games carefully, studying them as if they where aliens on earth. Ellie she sat down at one of the racing games, pretending to steer along with the tutorial for the game. That's when Cassie re-joined them

"they have the dancing one" Cassie commented, the biggest smile on her face. Ellie started pressing at all the buttons "god i can just imagine all the people in here"

"do you have any money" Ellie asked Riley who signalled over to notes on the floor "not that useless shit. coins. we cant even play once"

Ellies comment was cut off by Riley toying at the change machine and emptying the coins out of it. Cassie practically squealed as she raced over to fill her pocket with a handful coins. The two other girls then followed Riley to a certain machine she insisted on showing them. Ellie volunteering to play with her as Cassie leant her body against the side of the game. The girl watched as Ellie struggled to play, switching between watching the game and her friends.

Riley won the first game, Cassie teasing Ellie on how terrible she was only to have her win the second time they played it. The girl grinned as the shorter brunette looked her way with a cocky look on her face. It was a sight to see, three girls acting so normal in a world that had gone to shit.

"okay now you" Cassie started, walking over to Ellie and placing her hands on the shorter girls shoulders "are going to play the dancing game with me"

"do we have to" Ellie asked, tilting her head to the side

"you do this with me and ill play that stupid driving one with you" The blonde told her friend, tossing Riley her bag who was quick to grab the camera from it as Cassie dragged Ellie to the game. Putting the correct money in it, the music started. Somehow, Cassie was a natural at it. She hit every step while Ellie lazily moved about, her eyes more focussed on the girl beside her than the screen. Riley got photo's of it, for proof.

When the game ended, Riley cheered for the girls. Cassie jumped in her spot before throwing herself into Ellie's arms, her head pressed into the girls neck as Ellie relaxed into the hug. The brunettes arms wrapping around Cassie's waist. The two girls stayed like that for a moment, accidently disregarding Riley who frankly, didn't mind (she was getting her blackmail in photo's).

"you have to come drive with me now" Ellie muttered as the two girls separated, still standing within inches of each other. So close that they could feel each others breath on their face.

"im going to absolutely destroy you" Cassie muttered back, the two making their way to the driving game. Riley tagged along, a teasing smile on her face as Ellie turned back to look at her, she even added a teasing thumbs up as an extra.

"last game then we move on" Riley instructed, standing between the two seats each of the girls sat on. They each put coins into the game and started playing, Ellie cursing as Cassie over took her. Luckily though, the girl regained first place and surpassed Cassie by a little bit. The brunette coming in first. Cassie turned to face Ellie who looked back at the girl with a smirk, Cassie just, in turn, flipped the girl off.

"whoa, the violence was not needed Cass" Ellie mocked, pushing the girls hand down

"oh but you love it when im violent els" Cassie mocked back, smirking when Ellie looked away. her face flushed red although it wasnt visible underneath the pink and orange glow of the game. Cassie would stay there forever if she could, in that seat staring at the most beautiful girl she had ever laid her eyes on.

did you see it, the little lesbian lighting on Cassie and Ellie's moment!!! im so proud of myself

Enjoy the fluffy moments, it wont last long. (i did not do this scene justice omg)