I Leanor

Author's Note:

This is the end of the Dragon Queen. It went for longer than I had thought at first. I wrote down all my issues with how things were handled and rewrote the story how I had wished it have been to begin with.

Many will wonder why I decided to end the story with this P.O.V. If I am being honest, I do not know. I just sat down to write this chapter and I knew it had to end like this.
The last five chapters are about the future. No, I won't do a sequel about the Game of Thrones era. But I'm sure many would like to know what happened to our favourite characters now that things have changed in the past. I took a lot of creative liberties when it came down to the bloodlines.
Will there be a Long Night? Yes, there will be. However, it will only be mentioned briefly and not described in details. I did not start this to write about wars, just like I did not write about the Stepstones or rebellion. I am doing this for what happens behind the scenes. Also, my focus is not the Game of Thrones era, but the House of Dragons era. Maybe I'll write a story for The Promised Prince another time. But this one it is not.

Narrow Ghost - 138 AC

I absolutely love dragon riding! I thought, as Seasmoke burned down pirat ships that had the guts to breach Targaryen territory. One would think that by now they would realice that the Narrow Seas are off limits. My smile widened as dragonfire lit up on the other side of the sea. That's my nephew!

That's right, I was not dealing with the pirates on my own. As my nephew has now reached his come of age, he had been sent to the Narrow Ghost to take his mantle as Prince of the Narrow Seas and Lord of the Stepstones. Grey Ghost surely loved being back on his territory! I was still castellan of the Narrow Ghost with Joffrey, acting as trusted advisors to our prince.

Viserys was not the only one who had to go and take his place in Westeros. Baela and Lucerys have relocated to Driftmark and now work hard under my sister, to support her and keep on making Driftmark great. My father and mother having long stepped down to enjoy their remaining years in peace and in each other's company. Joffrey and Maris had gotten married and were now overseeing the Water Gardens and working with Prince Manfrey Martell, who looked ready to retire at any second.

Another person ready to retire and live with her wife, was Lady Jeyne Arryn. However, she still had a couple of years left as Lady of the Vale. While, Aegon was eigth and ten, and has spent two years in the Eyrie as her second in command, he still remained unmarried. Visenya was the heir to the Vale and she was only eight namedays. Her marriage to Aegon having long been announced by my cousin, the queen. With the support of the whole realm after Visenya had claimed her mount, Silverwing, becoming the youngest dragonrider by a month, surpassing her own mother. With the dragons of King Jaehaerys and Queen Alysanne, who were still quite beloved by the commonfolk and nobles alike, who would ever protest such an union.

As such, Lady Jeyne decided to wait until they got married and had one child. The Vale could no go two generations with the inestability of wondering the succession of the Eyrie. Luckily, from what I've gathered from Viserys, Aegon has no issues leaving the seat of the Vale to her. He was more than happy to stay doing the supportive work and being the second in command. From what Viserys told me, it is quite a pain to deal with the Vale lords and cannot wait to leave that for Visenya.

For now, though, Visenya remained in King's Landing with her parents, her oldest brother Jacaerys, my niece, and their son Daemon. The tears on my good-brother's eyes when they announced the name. My poor good-brother, with so much love and loyalty, who never received half what he deserved in return. Finally, he will and we will all have a king named Daemon. Let's just hope he got the temperament of his parents and not his grandfather. If he did... poor thing.