35: You and Me

Madness.

Sheer madness.

The Queen steps out of the fortress gates, what looks like a raging inferno left behind in her wake.  

She charges into the battlefield, her entire body burning with fire. 

It's the anger of a Goddess.

A mad Goddess.

Everyone looks shocked, such that they even forget that they are battling a crucial war right now.

She can't stop screaming.

This pain. This hurt.

It's the hurt of a Mother.

Everyone scrambles out of her way, lest they would be burned by her anger.

Her scream forms another crack in the ground. The land splits apart. Below it hot magma boils and shimmers, threatening to devour everyone.

"You killed my daughter!" She screams, eyes bloodshot, so angry, so full of fire, that there is a volcano erupting inside her pupils.

Another fissure forms in the ground.

 The soldiers start falling into the boiling hot magma, their cries for help getting swallowed by the flooding magma.

"Evacuate! At once!" Lord Park commands loudly.

Their soldiers immediately rush inside the fortress before they accidentally experience the wrath of their Queen. 

She lets out another devastating scream, eyes red, tears glowing like diamonds down her face.

The three Phoenixes, now aware of their sister's death, are equally mad and devastated.

They round the sky, like huge balls of fire, their shrill cries threatening to topple hell upside down.

They are so mad, so crazed by their anger that their fire burns a hundred times hotter.

Today, hell looks like the very hell people imagine of.

Flames burning all around.

The cloud of smoke is so thick that it can't be penetrated.

The temperature is so hot that it feels like they are being dipped inside the fire.

She lets out another scream, looking so much in pain, her heart feeling like it has been ripped apart by bare hands and someone has poured salt all over the wound.

Amidst the chaos of people running and escaping, her gaze lands on Ares, who looks for the first time, terrified.

Rage burns anew upon seeing his face.

She stands up, from where she was kneeling on the ground.

She walks toward him. He takes every step back, his gaze darting around looking for an escape. But there is no place to run.

The time is up.

The land has split apart on either side of them. Burning hot magma sloshes on both sides and fire crackles around them.

"You killed my daughter." Her voice has now quietened down, but it manages to convey the hurt and anger she is still feeling.

Her eyes are empty like she can't feel herself, except the anger erupting inside her.

"Why don't you kill me? You wanted the Crown so bad, didn't you?"

Ares is silent, his eyes flickering with fear.