22: The Bringer of Death

A name has been creating a buzz in all the realms for the past weeks.

The Queen of Hell

The Bringer of Death, Lily.

Kim Taehyung who is proclaimed as 'Death' in all the realms has a soulmate who is called the 'Bringer of Death".

Rumors say that wherever the 'Bringer of Death' appears, the Lord of Evil would be right by her side.

It is a fitting name.

And wasn't it a big coincidence how Lilies are the flowers used in funerals?

The King of Hell and his soulmate had been linked since forever.

"My lord, she is ruthless," A messenger murmurs. "What happened in the Shadowfall Arena has left everything shaken."

The Heavenly Emperor has a pensive look on his face. The deities around him also look serious.

 "This is an important matter." A deity breaks the silence. "These two individuals are very powerful and the peace of the world pretty much hangs in their words. No being should be allowed to have that much power."

"You are right. If his soulmate wishes for the world, then Kim Taehyung will stop at nothing to have it under her feet." He says, looking distressed. "And she just so happens to love a cold-blooded murder. Wonderful."

The sarcasm didn't go unnoticed.

"And not only Kim Taehyung. . .The bringer of death is blessed with the divine control of fire and she is the 'Mother of Phoenix'. She might as well be the most powerful demi-goddess that has ever breathed." A goddess mutters.

"The devotion of creatures like them is extreme. Their devotion to each other will make them raze cities and burn the world to dust if they get the slightest hint that their mate is in danger."

"The peace of the world is vulnerable now more than ever."

"Leave them be," The Goddess of love speaks up. "I know for a fact that if they will not be threatened, they will live peacefully without causing any harm to the world."

"But still, they have too much power---"

"They do. But the cosmos decided to bless them with that power. We do not have any right to question it." She answers.

"What should we do, then? We just wait for one of them to snap?! Don't forget what Kim Taehyung did just some weeks ago!" A deity asks bitterly.