15: Death

It's the new moon day.

It's the only thought running haywire in Taehyung's mind as he rushes to the mortal realm.

How could he have forgotten?

On the new moon day, all the barriers become weak, leaving the creature vulnerable to possible danger.

He teleports to her apartment in Seoul and finds it empty. He doesn't even care about hiding his powers because of the desperation to find his soulmate.

He then goes to the cafe where she works and finds it closed. Taehyung searches every single place where her scent lingers.

But it's futile. Because Lily is nowhere to be found.

His heart is palpitating so hard, fear gripping him.

It's scary.

Taehyung has never been scared in the face of anything.

"Taehyung," Jimin appears. "I employed our best shadow guards but she is nowhere to be found."

Fuck.

"I can't find her, Jimin--- I don't know where she is or who could have taken her. . ." He says in frustration, tugging at his hair.

They stand in silence for a few minutes.

Time is slipping.

Taehyung, as an immortal, had always considered time as something trivial. After all, his existence was endless like time itself. But as he stood here today, searching for his soulmate who was slipping out of his hands slowly, he felt helpless.

Lost.

Taehyung had never known any weaknesses. He wasn't the one to kneel in front of anyone or anything. He prided himself over that fact. Over the span of centuries, as he saw mortals on earth falling in love, even gods, angels, and sometimes demons, too, he had thought they were stupid for giving themselves up for self-destruction. Love was a wretched, wretched thing.

But when he had kissed her for the first time and felt the room glow brighter than a thousand blazing suns, he had finally realized why, why they couldn't help but succumb to the force that love is.

And Taehyung had thought, had actually pondered that if love were a mistake, he would commit it again and again like a fool if that meant he could see that smile forever.

"There is only one route left," Taehyung murmurs.