14: A wilted Lily

The following day, Lily wakes up, groaning in pain. Her head is throbbing so bad. Oh, why did she have to drink that much?

She squints her eyes open. The sunlight glares at her from the window. Her headache seems to get worse. As much as she wants to curl up in bed and sleep for a thousand years, she gets up and walks to her bathroom.

She scans her face. She is wearing the same dress from yesterday which is all rumpled from sleep. Her hair frankly resembles a bird's nest. She groans and immediately starts brushing her teeth to get rid of the bad stench of alcohol.

She throws on an oversized sweatshirt next. Her head is killing her and she doesn't recall anything from yesterday after she started drinking those satanic drinks.

She walks to the kitchen, yawning.

"You are awake?"

Lily jumps in shock, clutching her heart. "Fuck. Can you stop popping out of nowhere?"

Yuna is in front of her with her hands on her hips.  "You gave us quite the fright yesterday, you idiot."

"What did I do? Oh my god, did I do anything embarrassing?" 

"Well, I was going to ask you that. You literally vanished! Sunmi and I spent at least an hour searching for you." Yuna mutters.

"Oops. Sorry. I don't recall anything." She smiles apologetically.

"Then we thought perhaps you found a hot guy and went with him but when we came to your apartment, you were already here. Completely blacked out." Yuna chuckles.

"Wait," Lily pauses. " Wait--I was already in the apartment?"

"Yeah, I wonder how you even found a cab in your drunk state. You gotta give yourself more credit."

"I don't remember anything . . .Ugh," She groans and goes to open her fridge. 

"Hangover medicine and water are on the table," Yuna points out.

"Thanks," Lily beams and gulps it down.

"Well, I am off to the cafe. You look like you need some rest today. Do you need me to cover your shift? I wouldn't mind." Yuna says.

"That would be amazing. You are a life savior, Yuna."

"Well, you owe me one. Rest up. Bye-bye!"

"Bye! And thank you!"

The door shuts closed, leaving Lily in silence once again.

***

It's the day of the new moon.