21. your hand is on my butt

YOUR HAND IS ON MY BUTT

"And that is the story of how I lost my virginity in a race car bed."

Lila stares up at the boy, shaking her head and trying to fight a smile. Luke left a few minutes ago to use the bathroom, forcing Michael to take his place until he returns.

Michael's upbeat and friendly personality made Lila feel warm and welcome in the best way, though her body ached for something a little different, something more.

Luke made her weak in the knees. He filled her stomach with three butterflies every time he flashed a dimpled smile her way – his smile is her absolute favorite thing about him, in case you were wondering, and he challenged her in ways no one else ever would.

"And," Michael continues, leaning against the wall. "I know where to find a race car bed if you're more of a visual learner... okay, no. That was bad. You deserve a king size bed, you hear me? Not a race car bed, not a queen, a king."

The girl places her hands on Michael's shoulders to steady him before tilting her head, scolding him. "How much have you had to drink?"

"I'm a little tipsy, don't tell Luke!" The drunk boy places a finger over Lila's lips to silence her. She giggles, pushing him away and raising her pinky finger in the air. "Your secret is safe with me."

They link pinkies. "I love pinky promises. I love you. You're so great. I'm glad we kidnapped you." Michael slurs his words and taps Lila on the nose. "I want to give you a tattoo, and you should let me dye your hair. The purple is– oh, I see Jell-O shots, I'll be right back."

Michael wanders off, leaving a serene Lila behind. She takes special interest in the red solo cup clutched between her hands, waiting to keep a low profile.

A boy she's never seen before plants his feet next to her, offering her a beer. His brown eyes are darker than her own, almost black. He seems friendly enough, but Lila doesn't like beer, so she declines.

He shrugs, unbothered, before swirling the liquid in his cup. "Have you ever tried jungle juice before?"

"I haven't, what's in it?" She steps closer to him, arms crossed over her chest.

"A bunch of different juices mixed together. I think you'd like it." He offers his cup to her.

Biting at the inside of her cheek, she contemplates the offer. "Is there alcohol in it?"

"A little, you'd barely even taste it." He pastes a charming smile on his face and grabs Luke's cup from her hand. "Tell you what. I'll take your drink off your hands, and you come find me later to tell me how you like this one."

She nods, seeing no harm in switching. A stranger would have no reason to lie to her, and if he's nice enough to give her a drink, the least she can do is accept it with a smile. "Yeah, okay. Thanks."

He's gone in an instant. Lila takes a short swig. It's not as strong as the vodka she and Calum shared, but its bitter flavor is enough to feel like a punch to the throat. She grimaces, coughing a few times before going in for another sip.

Before her lips meet the plastic rim, the drink is ripped from her grasp.

Eyes wide and lips parted, she gapes up at Luke. "What are you—"

"Are you a fucking idiot?" His jaw ticks. "You don't take drinks from strangers, especially at a fucking party."

Brushing the insult off, she reaches for the cup just as Luke reels his arm back. "It's fine. There's hardly any alcohol in it. The guy was nice to me, I didn't want to be rude."