Episode 71: The Closing Ceremony

"Red?", Blue calls.

Silence is met with him as everyone stops to see Red and Blue face each other. Before Blue can say anything...

"BLUE!", yells a familiar voice.

Everyone turns to see Professor Oak approaching Blue. From what Red and Leaf can see, Professor Oak looks extremely angry.

"Blue, don't you dare give me that smirk, especially to me", Professor Oak yells at him. "You lost because you got cocky and forgot to treat your Pokemon with trust and love".

Blue stares at him and backs off.

"Yes and I deserved that", said Blue shamefully. "I was...a jerk. I let all that winning go straight to my head and I became incredibly mean to my opponents who came here to have a good time and I ruined it for them. I am sorry".

Several people spoke.

"Don't worry about it Blue", said Chopper.

"I live my rivals like what you're doing", said Isaac.

"All we can ask is you do better next time", said Reina.

"Just keep learning", said Pete Pebbleman with a thumbs up.

"It's okay Blue", said Pyro. "At least you realize that".

"That is quite common", said Melissa. "No hard feelings, Blue".

"If ask me Blue, I think you have a serious case of Pokemon  League Tournament Fever", Fergus hollers to him.

Blue looks at everyone and then turns back to his friends.

He shrugs.

Red then walks up and puts his hand on Blue's shoulder.

"It okay Blue, all is good", said Red.

"Welcome back...brother", said Leaf, joining them.

Blue's face beams.

"You're the greatest friends I ever had", said Blue. "Thanks for not giving up on me. Red, thanks for beating me, I needed that".

They put their hands like sports team and everyone all applauds to them.

Professor Oak smiles at this.

Before the closing ceremony can begin, Nurse Joy comes to Red and Blue to take to heal their Pokemon. Then she comes back giving them to Red and Blue.

Then several people, or assemblers, begin assembling a very large, raised rectangle like platform and two ramps on each side on each side to go and off it. Then the assemblers bring out the rostrum and put in the center of the platform. Then the assemblers lay out several foldable for the trainers to sit in front of the platform and also on the platform too. Rainbow, Professor Oak, the Gym Leaders, and the Elite Four all begin to go sit on their seats on the platform.

The several people turn to the trainers.

"It goes by order who lost first before the other", said one of the assemblers. "Whoever lost first, is first before you".

The assemblers then help all the trainers go to their seats. Red, Blue, and Leaf find themselves next to Janine in the left corner of the seats. Rainbow steps to the rostrum to speak.

"Now as I call your name", Rainbow announces. "You will be guided forward to be recognized to get your award for participating in this year's Pokemon League Tournament".

The crowds applauds as music plays and each trainer called and being ushered onto the platform to meet with Rainbow who gives them their medal and then go shake hands first with Professor Oak, then the Gym Leaders, and then the Elite Four, who all congratulate them, say good things to them, give them feedback, and wish them good luck into their career. When Yellow was called, Red notices Yellow having a happy friendly conversation with Rainbow after getting her medal.