Episode 1: The Unexpected Tradegy

"Hello, there! Glad to meet you! Welcome to the world of Pokémon! My name is Samuel Oak

"Hello, there! Glad to meet you! Welcome to the world of Pokémon! My name is Samuel Oak. People affectionately refer to me as the Pokémon Professor. This world... ...is inhabited far and wide by creatures called Pokémon! For some people, Pokémon are pets. Others use them for battling. As for myself... I study Pokémon as a profession. But first, tell me a little about yourself. Now tell me. Are you a boy? Or are you a girl?

A voice nearby sleeping and yawns.

"A boy", said the voice sleepingly.

"Let's begin with your name. What is it?"

"(Yawn) My name is Red", said the sleeping voice.

"Right... So your name is (beep)".

"This is my grandson. He's been your rival since you both were babies. ...Erm, what was his name now?"

"Blue or Leaf, I think (yawn)", said the sleepingly voice.

"That's right! I remember now! His name is (honk) Your very own Pokémon legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits! Let's go!"

A booming voice comes on.

"Now comes a Pokémon Battle between legendary Pokémon Trainers Rainbow Dustman and Joey Jewels", said the booming voice sounding like a radio. "It starts off, Gengar dodges Nidorino's Horn Attack and then uses Hypnosis. What is this? Nidorino asleep on the field? Oh no, Gengar is using Dream Eater. Nidorino can no longer battle. So Nidorino is recalled and he throws out...an Onix. Onix uses a Rock Slide, taking out Gengar. Rainbow Dustman has won the match (Applause)".

A fourteen year old boy, half asleep, reaches for the alarm clock only to accidentally pull his pale brown hair.

"Now it's time for the award ceremony (Applause)", the alarm clock continues.

The boy manges to turn off his alarm clock. He goes to look at the window and looks outside. It is sunrise.

"Morning already", he thought.

As he heads to the kitchen, a woman's voice cries out. "Red, is that you?"

"Right here, Mom", answers the boy.

Red went to look at the calendar and much to his joy. Today is the Day. He gets up quickly, takes a shower, brushes his teeth, and gets dressed. He puts on a red sleeveless jacket with a white collar and stripe, black undershirt, baggy blue jeans, black wristbands, and his black, red and white running shoes. Next he grabs his red and white cap. Red is so happy, he goes to another room and knocks on the door.

"Ash, time to get up", he calls. "Today's the big day".

No answer.

He knocks on Ash's door repeatedly and calls his name several names. Again, no answer. Frustrated, he goes downstairs. As he goes into the kitchen, Red starts to think for a moment. He knows that Ash is a heavy sleeper but today is not a good day to sleep in. Professor Oak is expecting Red, Ash, and others very shortly. As he sits down at the table for breakfast, Red takes a fork and knife and begins to eat his eggs, toast, and bacon, which was made for him. His mother, Delia, notices his excitement, who is also sitting at the table too.