Episode 21: A Life for a Life and My Debt is Paid

"Gocha Wreck it Ralph, you are under arrest", Officer Jenny yells. "We've been looking everywhere for you".

Officer Jenny has arrived on scene and upon seeing Ralph, she tackles and cuffs him. Before she can take Ralph in, the Gentleman stops her.

"Officer Jenny, the young man helped save us all", said the Gentleman. "Let him go".

"Yeah, Ralph stood up to Team Rocket and helped us rescue the passengers and crew", Leaf protests. "If he is a dangerous Rocket Grunt, he's not anymore".

Officer Jenny stares at the Gentleman and Leaf.

"Oh, really?" Officer Jenny yells. "For your information, he's a wanted boy, as is, he is wanted by the law".

Officer Jenny hands him the arrest warrant and the Gentleman and takes it and looks at it. He then frowns at her.

"Are you aware this boy has been pardoned?", asked the Gentleman. "If not, the Gym Leaders wouldn't be allowed to accept his challenge".

"What?" Officer Jenny gasps.

She quickly takes back the arrest warrant and stares at it. Her mouth drops with horror and she looks at Ralph.

"Jesse James Robertson, I am so sorry", said Officer Jenny. "I did not see this on the warrant".

She uncuffs Ralph.

"It's okay Officer Jenny, I probably deserved it, given my previous crimes", said Ralph.

Officer Jenny smiles at Ralph upon hearing it.
She goes off and interviews the Captain, crew, and passengers.

"So Ralph, can tell us your side of all this?" asked Leaf.

Ralph nods.

"When I first began as a Pokémon trainer, I did join Team Rocket", Ralph begins. "Shortly after joining, my Meowth disappeared and The Boss told me their enemies from the Pokémon League stole and killed Meowth. That filled me up with vengeance against all regular Pokémon trainers and all of Team Rocket. As a result, I did commit all the crimes I am accused of. Then one day, Meowth came back, now talking, and told me what happened to him and what you guys did for him. That opened my eyes. Luckily, I had always carried doubts about serving as a Rocket Grunt, considered abandoning Team Rocket, and I questioned myself a lot. So I defected from Team Rocket by setting off an alarm during one of our raids. They got away and I remained behind to face the police. I did get arrested and told the police everything I knew. Somehow and I don't know why, I was expecting to get a life sentence in a juvenile detention center but I got pardoned instead. I was lucky that day and I am not planning on taking advantage of that. Now I am resuming my life as a Pokémon trainer".

"I have a question, how did you get off the hook so easily?", asked Leaf.

Ralph shrugs with uncertainty.

"That remains a mystery to me still to this day", said Ralph. "I don't understand what happened at my trial. All I can say is I remember the judge, the prosecutor, my lawyer, my public defender, and the entire jury all gave me a warning look. I could have received a life sentence or the death penalty but I didn't get it".

Officer Jenny is apparently listening to his side of the story, while simultaneously investigating.

"I checked your side of the story and it is confirmed", she said. "I am quite angry no one communicated with us about your pardon and I would lost my job if I arrested you. As for your pardon, my guess is someone recognizes your inner goodness and feels you deserve a second chance anyway. I checked any other charges you may have done afterward and you have been true to your own word. You changed for the better, even though you don't deserve it".