Episode 36: Sabrina

Red, Blue, and Leaf are spending a whole week in Saffron City with Ms

Red, Blue, and Leaf are spending a whole week in Saffron City with Ms. Wiggles, who also lets them stay in her own house because her husband and kids won't be home for a while. During their stay, they spend their time training their Pokemon. While training their Pokemon, they eachj caught a Hitmonlee and a Hitmonchan near the city.

Red, Blue, and Leaf also would go around the city asking about the Gym Leader here and all they got is people crossing their arms at them and refusing to say another word to them. These reactions cause Red, Blue, and Leaf to find this quite odd, especially regarding a Gym Leader, almost like there is something strange about the person.

A day after reuniting with Ms. Wiggles, Red, Blue, and Leaf meet Koichi, the Karate Master, who runs a Fighting Dojo next door to the Saffron City Gym. He uses Fighting Type Pokemon and has Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan with him. In addition, Koichi is very kind enough to let Red, Blue, and Leaf study and train their Pokemon in his Dojo before going to the Gym.

"How many badges have you got?", asked Koichi, once sitting in on his rug, watching them.

"We each got five badges", said Red.

Koichi smiles at them.

"Impressive, you three came along way", said Koichi, pleased.

"Yes sir", said Red, Blue, and Leaf.

Red, Blue, and Leaf then leave the Dojo with Koichi watching them disappear in the distance, looking hopeful.

"Please, please, you may be her only hope", he said to himself.

The next day, after spending the night at Ms. Wiggles' house, Red, Blue, and Leaf eat their breakfast and begin setting out to the Saffron City Gym.

Ms. Wiggles suddenly appears out of nowhere and stops them.

"Before you go, I would like to warn you three about the Gym Leader here", Ms. Wiggles tells them. "Her name is Sabrina and she uses Psychic type Pokémon. She's very reclusive, very mysterious, very hostile, and very aggressive to trainers and challengers who wish to battle her to get a badge. From what I am telling you, no one has seen her before. After every battle with Sabrina, I've seen many Pokemon trainers come out of the gym, traumatized. They are unable to speak what they saw. Ever since, Sabrina has become the least favorite Gym Leader of all time and last person all trainers meet before proceeding to the Pokémon League. Because of this, Sabrina is the now Terror of the Saffron City".

Red, Blue, and Leaf look at each other with amazement and stare at Ms. Wiggles.

"Is something wrong with her or is Sabrina anti social?" asked Leaf.

Ms. Wiggles shrugs.

"I am not sure," said Ms. Wiggles. "She was one of my students and I remember Sabrina was a very gifted little girl. She was very talented and very educated. Her father, Koichi, and I applauded her for it and she was so happy. The last time I saw her was in the evening of last year, Sabrina was running to the Gym after attending a party. Her dress was torn and wrecked, she had bruises and cuts all over her body, and she was sobbing very heavily. Before she went inside, she stopped and we looked at each other. She gave me a tearful goodbye and disappeared inside the Gym. Ever since, all of those troubles began".