"You. I like the city and everything it brings but I love it here because of you." I said without breaking eye contact once. I kept staring into her brown eyes.

"Of course Mapi, Leila, Jana, Pina, Patri, Aitana and the others helped but it's mostly you."

Her smile only grew on her face but it faltered slightly when she thought back to what had happened yesterday.

"Ella, I'm so sorry." Her face went from happy and smiley to sad in a flash.

"I know. It's fine." I reached out for her hand and grabbed it.

"No, it's not. I should have let you explain. I should have listened first before I reacted the way I did and I'm so, so sorry." She apologized again, frustrated with herself.

"It's okay Ale. Let's just promise to communicate and listen better." I gave her hand a gentle squeeze and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Deal." The smile that she was wearing a few minutes ago finally returned.

"So now that we promised to communicate better, maybe we should talk about our relationship." I pointed out.

We hadn't really done that before. We're both public figures in the football community so it would be a good idea to finally talk about how public we want our relationship to be.

"Wait what?" She perked up in horror, fearing the worst.

"Ale chill." I chuckled. "I meant we probably should discuss how public we wanna be. Ever since the game we played against each other in January people started talking about us. How public do we want to be?"

"Oh. Right." She sheepishly laughed.

"So inner circle? My family already knows. Do you wanna tell yours?" She asked.

"Yeah I would like that but if you don't mind, I like to tell them in person and not over the phone and I would like to explore us a bit more." I told her. I slowly let go of her hand and continued eating.

"Of course. That seems fair and I love the exploring bit." She smiled.

"Teammates?" I looked up from my food at her in question.

"Well our team already knows, so most of my national teammates know as well so again, do you wanna tell yours or do you wanna keep it a secret?" She wondered.

For her it was easy. Most of her national teammates were also my teammates and they all knew about us. My national teammates were a whole new different story and to be honest I hadn't figured out yet how I would tell them.

"I do." I said confidently but then changed my mind a bit. "Eventually but I have to warn you they can be a bit much." 

Alexia scoffed. "I can handle them, don't worry." She even puffed her chest so she could prove her point.

"I know you can, I'm just warning you." I laughed at the girl's antics but turned serious again instantly.

"Definitely Ali and Kelley, maybe Alex and Christen but you know Christen so she'll be okay." I pointed out to her.

"Okay so family, teammates." She went over the list, thinking of the next one in line.

"Friends?" I placed down my fork and took a sip from my glass. 

"I'd like to tell my friends and introduce you to them." She said with a shy smile.

"Same." I said with a smile. 

"Have you told Leah yet?" Alexia wonders. I just finished eating and wiped my mouth.

"Nope. I feel guilty about it though but I want to tell her in person. It feels so impersonal if I would tell her over the phone." I answered.