Iron & Stone

Zane's POV

Jay, Kai, Doubloon, Clancee, Dogshank and I get pushed to the ground before staring at the man who seemed to be the leader of these people, if his throne of dragon bones was anything to go by.

"His throne. I already hate him." Kai tells us.

The man picked up his staff and started walking over to us, making me tense as he approaches me specifically.

He taps the top of my head with his clawed arm and grunts, "They don't look as I imagined."

The rest of our captors break out in laughter as the boss looks us all over.

"Where did you find them?" He questions.

"To the south." One of our captors answers, "They were building a fortification."

"That's pretty generous." Jay states, turning to the guy who spoke, "Ha. More like a rickety shack. But after losing everything, who am I to complain?"

"Did I say you could speak?!" Our captor shouts at Jay.

"We took them by surprise. There may be more." The one with Spider legs says.

"Is this true? Are there more of your kind?

"O-O-Our kind?" Clancee asks.

"No, we're alone." I say, knowing that Cole and the others could be our only means of escaping.

"Then tell us, who do these diapers belong to?" The one with a jetpack asks, showing us Wu's old diapers.

"Oh, those are Jay's." Kai explains before turning to Jay, "Tell 'em, Jay." 

"Oh, I have a weak bladder." Jay explains as our captors laugh.

"See how they lie, see their treachery?" The leader asks his men, "They cannot help it. It's in their nature. Like this one, they are always two faced." He says pointing at Doubloon.

I then lean over to the others, "Do not reveal anything." I whisper.

"But there is one whom you cannot deceive." The leader continues.

"Okay, now, take it easy there, Captain. Let's not do anything—" Dogshank tries to day before the leader finishes.

"Throw the Oni into the Pit!" He yells as the other men chanted, "Slab Know!" While we look on in concern.

"Oni?" Kai repeats as we were picked up, "You're making a mistake!

"We are not Oni!" I shout while being dragged away.

"Okie dokie, off we go." Jay says as we're dragged out into their outpost. We look around the base and see people working, only stopping to stare at us. “T-T-They think w-we’re Oni.” Clancee whispers.

“I know, how funny.” Jay comments, “And here we thought they were Oni.” The one leading us then bumps into a piece of metal being carried by two others.

We then see a Fire Dragon chained in Vengestone, forced to provide Fire to some blacksmiths. “Their entire culture appears to be built around the hunting of Dragons and exploiting their Elemental Powers.” I observe.

“Imagine if they found about you boys.” Dogshank whispers to us.

Kai nods, “Then it's a good thing we kept our identities secret.” He says.

I was then grabbed by a person with a welder’s mask and Bingo spinner, “Ah! Welcome to the Dead's End!” He greets. “May I have your parts when you expire?” He asks as I shake him off and keep walking.