Snakebit

Re-edited

(Y/n)'s POV

I was peacefully sleeping until I got woken up by my uncle banging a gong.

"Evil doesn't sleep, and neither should you." He says loudly.

I try to cover my ears with my pillow but I still hear the gong.

"In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity." Sensei tells us.

I groan in annoyance and throw my pillow at him, but he dodges it.

"Okay, Okay, we're up. But If you want us to reach our full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?" Kai asks as he gets out of bed.

"Please, I doubt you could reach your full potential even with a full night of rest." I grumble as I also get out of bed.

Kai yawns and gives me a shove before trying to pull up the blinds to the window. But they break and fall down.

"Unh, you call that rest?" Cole grunts while stretching his back, "I think my back has more lumps than the mattress."

I see Jay go into the bathroom to brush his teeth, "We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters I guess we lost track of time." He turns the 'water' on and puts it on his toothbrush, "Since the Serpentine burned down the monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our heads--Ack!"

Jay spit the 'water' and toothpaste from his mouth. Turns out the water was actually sand.

I laugh at him and he glares at me, I go to lean on a wall but it breaks and I fall in, causing Jay to laughs at me this time.

While I get out of the broken wall Zane starts to ask questions, "What is our lesson today, sensei? Mastering the strike of the scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of a--gwah!"

Zane falls through the wooden floor, a bunch of dust appears and he starts coughing.

"I think today's lesson will be chores." Sensei says.

"Chores?!" We all yell.

"Ninja fight, sensei. They do not clean." Cole states.

"Yeah! And I never had to do chores at the Monastery." I argue.

"In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from. And this place is a long way from becoming a ninja headquarters." Sensei tells us as he starts to leave, "I expect things to be spotless when I return. And put your backs into it."

He hits the gong one last time and leaves.

"I'm gonna destroy that stupid instrument." I whisper to myself. Turns out Kai heard me and he hits me on the back of the head, causing me to punch him in the shoulder.

"Ah, this place is going to take forever to clean and fix up." Kai groans, rubbing his shoulder.

Jay walks up to Kai, "Unless we put more than our backs into it, huh?"

We all smile, realizing what he was suggesting and we immediately start cleaning up. I decided to help Jay clear the deck from dust using Spinjitzu while the others do their own cleaning using their powers.

After we get done we plugg in our game console and start playing. After about 20 minutes Sensei and Nya finally get back.

"What took you so long?" Kai asks.

Nya looks around and smiles, "Wow! This place looks amazing. You guys did all this?"

"Ninja don't just fight, Nya. We clean" Cole states.