Dead Man's Squall

(Y/n)'s POV

Echo?” Zane says in disbelief.

The two then engage in battle as the others watch on. While they’re distracted I turn to Harumi who has a smirk as I give her a glare that screams, ‘What did you do to him?!’.

I know I hadn't heard from Echo Zane in a while, but I never thought that something like this would happen to him. I assume that he just went back to the lighthouse.

"Are you sure that's him?" Morro asks.

I nod, "Positive, someone did something to him, because I know he wouldn't become, 'that', of his own free will." I say, gesturing the masked biker get-up he has going on.

"Guys, I can hold off Echo! You must rescue Cole before-" Zane says before Mr.E, I mean Echo-Zane, punches him cutting his link from us.

"Zane? Zane, are you there?! Zane!" Lloyd calls but there was nothing but static.

"I'm sure he'll be fine." Harumi assures, though I can clearly see her crossing her fingers behind her back, "We should do what he said and go get Cole."

"I hate to say it but she's right." Kai speaks up, "If Cole's got the key to the third Mask then getting him is more important right now."

'We'll come back for Zane after we pick up Cole, alright?'

"I suppose you're right."

Lloyd sighs, "Alright, we get Cole and then come back to help Zane." He says as we turn the Bounty to where Cole's coordinates.

I look at Harumi again and she smiles at me, causing me to realize that even after we get Cole, the Sons of Garmadon could still get the third mask.

(Timeskip)

We had found Cole near the subway in Ninjago City. But when we find, we got the surprise of our lives when we saw Seliel and (D/n) were with him, what Cole was holding in his arms.

"Hey guys." Cole waves casually while the baby laughs.

“Long time no see.” Seliel waves as (D/n) gave a friendly growl.

“Uh, hey Sel.” Morro waved.

"Um Black Bear?" I sat slowly, before pointing at the baby, "Is that baby?"

"Sure is, Panther." Cole said as he held the baby over to me. "Meet Cole.Jr."

The Baby coos and I laugh, taking him in my arms. "He is kinda cute." I admit as I scratch his chin.

"Cole! You can't just go and name someone else's baby!" Nya scolds.

“I tried to tell him.” Seliel says while rolling her eyes.

Cole held his hands up in surrender, "Sorry, but the Sons of Garmadon, apparently need this little guy, he's the key to the Third Mask." He explains.

"Say what? How can this squirt be the key to the mask?" Morro asks as he leans over to the Baby still in my arms as he smiles at him. "And, there's something familiar about him, but I can't put my finger on it." He adds, furrowing his brow in thought.

"We can worry about that later, right now we need to head back and find Zane!" Jay tells us as we all nod.

"Wait, what do you mean, is he missing?" Seliel asks.

"He's fighting Echo." I tell her.

"He's what?!" She exclaims in shock.

We hurriedly turned the Bounty around and made our way to the desert. We searched everywhere, but we couldn't find Zane or Echo Zane…that is until we looked into a canyon and saw Zane on his back with exposed circuits.