|Chapter 10|

CHAPTER TEN:

"We're at the Eiffel Tower, silly."

The perplexed look on (Y/N)'s face quickly turned into shock and bewilderment as she takes in Viperions echoing words.

Sure enough, they were at the Eiffel Tower, and it was very high. Way to high for her liking.

"Oh what the holy fudge—" (Y/N) immediately took a step back. her fluttering heart turning into a wild cheetah, beating it's way out of her chest.

She wasn't no stranger to adrenaline. (Y/N) and Zoé would do all sorts of crazy shenanigans when they were still attending school in New York.

But this time felt different. She wasn't quite sure if it was because she was genuinely scared, or if it was because of the succulent man that stood beside her.

Either way, something was making her jumpy.

"Woah— Calm down." Viperion mused, his hand coming up to grab her by the shoulder. His hold was firm, yet undeniably warm.

(Y/N) wasn't exactly sure how to react to this. Her cheeks flared a pinkish hue as she pulls away from Viperion's hold. "I'm fine— I'm fine." She waved a hand at him dismissively.

"Are you sure?" He cocked his head to the side.

(Y/N) nodded her head, "A hundred and one percent sure."

They stood there in silence, with Viperion turning back to admire the glittering nights sky. It felt comfortable, it felt nice.

(Y/N) couldn't help but glance at the mysterious masked man that accompanied her. And man, was she such a simp for this guy.

"Do you always do that?" Viperion cut off the silence with a question that lead (Y/N) to confusion.

She raises a brow at him, urging for Viperion to continue. He turns to gaze back at her, a small playful smile tilting up his lips. "That. You're staring at me." Viperion stated as a matter of fact.

"I wasn't staring."

"I can feel your eyes digging holes at my side."

"So what if I was staring?"

"I wouldn't blame you." Viperion chuckled, "It's the first time you've seen a miraculous holder. Must be a shocker."

(Y/N) shrugged. "We have our own heroes back in New York, but... You guys are different."

"Different, how?"

'Uhmm... Let's see— More hotter, more smeggsier, and maybe I'm a little bit biased, but have I mentioned that you're hot?'

Of course she's not going to say that in his face.

"O-oh!" She tries cooling off her reddening cheeks. "You guys are just more, interesting. I— I can't and won't explain it any further!"

Viperion was confused, head cocked to the side as he wonders why she was acting fussy.

Nonetheless, he let the conversation go and continued to admire the scenery.

Something about (Y/N) had Viperion gravitating towards her. He was like a moth, and she the flame that he was helplessly attracted to.

Glittering eyes that shows off her deepest innermost thoughts, a smile so contagious that even the grumpiest of people would be affected.

Eager to learn more about the mystery that is (Y/N) (L/N), Viperion struck up another conversation.

The night was still young, and (Y/N) has curfew— Viperion wasn't about to let the opportunity slide.

"So I haven't asked... I don't mean to pry but, what kind of stuff so you write again?" He asked.

With not an ounce of hesitation, (Y/N) turned to Viperion with her eyes shinning as if she's won the lottery.

A small smile curves up her lips as she spoke, "Romance. I've experienced with other genres but Romance called out to me the most."

She does a pose for a more dramatic flare, which Viperion thought was funny. "Romance? How you write that?" He asked her.

"I don't know how the magic of writing works. But usually my writing is based off of what I feel." She immediately answered.

(Y/N) goes to place her hand to her rapidly beating heart. "Writers are supposed to inflict feelings to their readers... Unfortunately, I haven't seemed to master that concept yet."

Viperion cocked his head to the side, urging for her to elaborate.

With a heavy sigh, (Y/N) continued, "Romance is supposed to make your heart feel fluttery and light and give you a stupid smile on your face— I don't get those kinds of reaction with my work."

"I don't copy."

"My work just sucks." She stated, "Romantic stuff I write doesn't sound romantic at all."

Viperion wasn't sure how to answer, but he was determined to somehow make her night a little better.

Her eyes held frustration and sadness, and Viperion couldn't bear the mere thought of it. "It couldn't be that hard." He shrugged.

(Y/N) giggled, the melody sounding like a blessing to Viperions ears. "It kind of is, when you don't feel the actual emotion." She replied.

"I wouldn't know, I don't write. But I kind of understand— Ooh now I want to see your work."

"Nope, never in a million years."

"What? Why not?"

'Because one, I'm not embarrassing myself to a succulent hottie like you.'

"It's unfinished." (Y/N) turns to look away from Viperion.

Before he could retort or strike a bargain with (Y/N), they heard a beep coming from her phone. Turns out, (Y/N) set up a timer so she wouldn't be back late.

She grabbed her phone from her pocket and waves it Infront of Viperion, "Oops, times up."

Viperion was a little disappointed, and he may or may not have internally crused to the heavens above because it felt as if not even a second has passed between them.

He wanted more time, he wanted to learn more. Viperion wanted to hear her talk more, to see her smile, to bask himself in her giggles and awkwardness.

But he wasn't in the position to do so. Viperion sighed, masking away the disappointment in his eyes, "Time to get you back home. If princess style doesn't work with you, I can give you a piggy back ride." He suggested.

"I-I— What? Oh— No no! I'm not doing that with you again." Her cheeks flared and reddened within seconds, waving a hand at him dismissively as she continued, "I just want to walk."

"Then let me accompany you. I need to make sure you get back safely."

Forget about bees, (Y/N) felt as if she had a whole flock of turtledoves fluttering inside her.

She was certain that Viperion was just being nice, as any superhero should be. He's merely accompanying a woman because it's already dark out.

But why did that make her feel so giddy?

—