|Chapter 4|

CHAPTER FOUR:

Undoubtedly so, Zoé and (Y/N) spent the entire day exploring Paris.

They visited well-known tourist destinations, went to markets, and purchased anything that struck their attention.

Whether it was clothing, jewelry, or anime merchandise, (Y/N) made sure to get each of everything.

(Y/N) and Zoé left the humble shop in central Paris after they had ended their shopping frenzy. While awaiting the two girls, Fernando and Jean had already exited the vehicle.

"Furr-nando! Look what I got for you~!" Immediately, (Y/N) came up to her bodyguard and handed him a small dog plushie.

She stood there with shimmering optimism in her eyes, a bright smile on her face as she anticipated her bodyguards' response.

Fernando turned to glance at the tiny plush before returning to (Y/N).

Fernando simply responds, "This looks cute, kiddo." And after a brief protest from (Y/N), he grinned and ruffled her hair.

Zoé watched the whole scene unfold with a small grin tilted up her lips. She heard a sniffle coming from beside her, then noticed that Jean was avoiding her gaze.

"You okay, Jean?" She couldn't help but ask him.

Jean nodded his head, "Yes, Milady. I'm fine." Then another sniffle escapes him, "It's just that... They look so wholesome."

By the time the girls made the decision to return to the hotel, it was already evening.

They returned back to the hotel where (Y/N) was staying after a short drive.

The two realized Audrey Bourgeois was waiting for them at the front when they got out of the car.

"Zoé, (Y/N)! Welcome back." She smiles at them.

Zoé could only shudder at her mother, catching (Y/N)'s attention. She looks at her best friend and urges for her to speak.

"It's nothing big." Zoé shrugged. "It's just rare to see my mom acting like this." She then added.

(Y/N) started walking forward, with Zoé trailing behind her. "What can I say?" She stated, then flips her hair back for a dramatic flare, "I'm just lovable like that."

Zoé lets out a giggle, then broke into a huge laugh. "You got that one right." She agreed, nodding her head as she says so.

"How was your trip around Paris, dear? Hopefully nothing bad has happened-"

"Your parents would be devastated if they found out you have been dissatisfied with our care!" Audrey had a hand to her heart, and while her eyes were hidden beneath big sunglasses, (Y/N) could still see the agony written in them.

'So that's what's she's worried about.' (Y/N) stated to herself as a matter of fact.

She waved a hand at Audrey dismissively and smiles, "Nonsense, Madame! I'm having the time of my life, thanks to you and your courteous family."

"My parents will be hearing good news tonight." (Y/N) winks at Audrey, knowing full well that she's got the woman wrapped around her fingers.

After their small chit chat, (Y/N) waves goodbye at Audrey and calls out to her bodyguard. "Furr-nando! You can leave the things I bought over here. Treat yourself to something good for once."

Zoé watches as (Y/N) hands her bodyguard a black card. Fernando accepted it with confusion written all over his face, "Oh, alright. Do you want me to grab something for you while I'm out?"

"Nope!" (Y/N) goes to grab Zoé by the arm, them she gleefully smiles at her bodyguard, "I just want you to bring Jean along."

Both Zoé and Jean were surprised by her words, then the poor butler broke into a small sob.

He hides his face in his hands, and was mumbling something along the lines of- "What an angel. I will follow you till the ends of the earth."

"You never change, do you?" Zoé shook her head as she allows (Y/N) to drag her off to her room.

(Y/N) merely shrugs at her best friend, "It's inevitable." She answered.

After a few seconds, (Y/N) then added, "Also, they both deserve it. I don't know how they're still standing after that shopping spree- but I salute them."

The staff promptly complied with (Y/N)'s request to move her belongings into Zoé's room with just a flick of her fingers.

She wanted to chat with Zoé until they both looked like pandas from lack of sleep, and sleeping alone in a big room just seemed uninteresting.

(Y/N) noticed Zoé's half-sister leaning against one of the frames as they were sprinting up the stairs. And because of her good temperament, (Y/N) approaches Chloé to strike up a conversation.

Before Zoé could even stop her best friend, (Y/N) beat her to Chloé. "Hello there, Chloé!" (Y/N) cheers, a wide smile plastered on her face as she greets the girl.

Chloé's eyes were wide and filled with perplexity as she exhibited surprise. She turns to see her half-sister Zoé before returning to (Y/N).

When they first met, Chloé may have been timid and meek, but now that no one is there to see her behavior, she scowls in the direction of the two.

"I don't know what my mother sees in you, but I am not buying your happy go lucky act." She started, her arms crossed as she spoke. "You are ruining the balance, runt. And I'm really not liking the attention everyone's been giving to you."

Chloé steps forward and meets (Y/N) face to face, she looked like she was about to land a slap on her face.

But (Y/N) stood her ground, acting as if she didn't understand the situation she was in as she lets Chloé continue.

"Even my daddy is falling for your facade, but I'm going to be keeping a close eye on you. I really have no idea what my stupid half of a sister sees in someone like you." The glare avail in Chloé's eyes were enough to have Zoé trembling.

But to her surprise, (Y/N) merely chuckled at Chloé's threatening words. She smiled at the girls, which seemed to have her startled for a second.

(Y/N)'s giddy and cheerful tone was gone. "It's one thing to insult a (L/N), but it's another thing when you insult my best friend- Better watch you back, Chloé Bourgeois."

"I can be pretty mean, if I'm forced to." The salt on (Y/N)'s words made Chloé shudder. But before she could retort, (Y/N) was already off with Zoé.

She waves a hand at Chloé, the smile on her face back as she spoke, "Nice chat, girlie! Hopefully we'll be friends soon!" And the two were gone in the blink of an eye.

Frustrated by this act, Chloé lets out a angry grunt and whips out her phone.

She dialed a familiar number, and after half a minute or so, they finally picked up.

"Oh- Hi, Chloé! I'm sorry I didn't pick up the first time, I'm in Japan right now with Prince Ali."

-