forty five

31 weeks pregnant

Harry 

I think that I've said it before but I've never been happier. I live the life that I've always dreamt that I would live. I am a stay at home parent finally. I don't have to tour and to record the next big hit. I know that I am successful and I have the chance to spend as much time as I can without caring about anything. 

I am a husband now too. I got married a little less than a month ago. I finally have the chance to spend my whole life with the woman I love the most in the entire world. She said yes a long time ago and we finally are married. 

Our wedding wasn't the one we both have imagined when we were teenagers. Speaking for myself, I always imagined that I would get married in a place really exotic and with all of the people that never imagined to see me stand beside someone. I wished for a big wedding and then a honeymoon to the most expensive place we could ever imagined. I wanted to spoil my wife as much as I could. 

But then I met Iris. Iris taught me so many lessons and she helped me understand that I have to do only the things that I truly want without caring about the others. My whole way of thinking changed. I fell in love quickly enough to understand that I wanted to marry her anywhere, whenever she wanted. All she had to do was to say Yes. I started to imagine a different wedding. One that only the closest people to us would be there. And that's what happened. 

We got married to Holmes Chapel, and not in that exotic place I had in my mind. The guests were selected very carefully because we wanted to have everyone that is close to us and not invite people who will be there just to sell photos and videos the next day to the Sun. 

Another thing that I have never imagined is that I will get married to a woman who already has a child. And I want to turn back the time and imagine everything from the start just to include Emma to all of my dreams. I can't imagine my life without my little honey, my flower girl, my smart young lady. She is one of the reasons I was afraid to ask Iris sooner, though. I didn't want to unsettle her much more than I already have. Her life changed so much since I met her and i can't imagine how she got through it all. She met me, I became a constant in her life, then she met my family, she changed schools, she had to share her mother and then she understood that she had a dad, i.e. me. We moved, she got away from her friends and her mother got pregnant and all of that happened in less than 2 years. I was afraid to change anything else in her life. 

But Emma is so cool. She was always asking me when the wedding was going to take place and i never expected her to be the one to help me ask Iris to marry me sooner than I had in mind. She told me a story about wasting time that she heard on school and a few days later Iris and I started planning everything. 

"Is everything ready?" Iris asks me, taking a seat besides me on the table. A laptop is open in front of us on the table and we wait for the meeting to start. Molly said that she will send us the link for our Zoom call. 

"I think yes, I just wait for Molly." As I said that, Molly called us. We greet each other and then we wait for the others to join. Harry Lambert, Jeff, Jennifer and few others are connected in a matter of 5 minutes. 

"Okay." I clear my throat. I hate being the CEO. "We have to plan everything in advance because my wife and I are going to take a few months off after that because our baby is about to be born. Jen, how are the sales?" 

"Sales are going well. The social media team is going to tell us more about that but I think that our way of promoting is going well. More and more people are reaching out every day and they get exciting. There are a few complaints about our prices and I have a whole strategy about reducing our prices in the next year." She says and we all listen to her carefully. 

Iris, though, is the only one that can't focus. Baby Coconut is giving her mummy a hard time today and I wish the meeting to end soon so we can rest and maybe take a nap. Emma is going to sleep to Gemma's tonight because tomorrow we have an early appointment at the doctor and we won't have time to get her ready for school at time. She didn't have any complaints because she said that she loves Auntie GemGem very much. 

The social media team explains next how the things are going online. They tell a bunch of words I haven't heard before and even though I have studied hard marketing and its theory, I still tend to not understand everything. 

Harry Lambert tells us about the new launch and how he and Molly found the perfect person for this collection. Somehow they found a painter that have the perfect vision and her sketches are like the ones we wanted. They found and people that are going to promote them. Some influencers, instagrammers, tiktokers, singers and actors. I bet that it will be perfect. 

As Molly explains the vision, I look at my wife. I haven't seen her more bored in a meeting ever. And we are working together for nearly two years. But the one person that is more bored that Iris, is Jeff. He wasn't needed to this meeting, but I had told him my plans about Pleasing and he wanted to join. He is the only one that knows. 

"Mister Styles, you wanted to announce something." Jeff calls me by my surname and I have everyone's attention. Iris stops moving around and looks at me. 

"Hello to everyone again." I try to find the perfect words. "Well,  I wanted to be in person but given the pregnancy we couldn't travel to L.A. I have to announce that from now on I am not the CEO of Pleasing." A few gasps are being heard. One of them is my wife's. "I know that all of you are counting on me but don't worry about it. I will continue to be member of the board and even one of the creative directors. I have talked about my decision with my partner Jeff, the co-CEO and we decided that it's the best for me to quit. But my place is going to be taken from another Styles." 

Iris looks at me with eyes wide open. "Iris Styles, you have worked hard for your place in the company. You came to the company as an assistant, you became a Creative Director in less than 6 months and last year you became the director of this part of the company. We think that you are the most suitable person for this position. We offer you this position, so if you want it, it's yours." Jeff says and Iris cannot speak. 

She works so hard for Pleasing. She has so many ideas and she wants to make it a better place, more environmentally friendly and affordable to everyone. Don't get me wrong, we thought about Harry and Molly too, but they are member of the company named Harry Styles too and needed them in that. Iris is the perfect person for Pleasing, she is the one that helped it become the company that it is today. 

"I want it." She says and she can't stop smiling. I knew that this will be her reaction. I can't wait to see what the future holds for her and for Pleasing too. 

...

I promise the next chapter is going to be bigger. Are you ready to meet baby coconut? Guess her name <3

4 CHAPTERS LEFT TILL THE ENDING

Muchos Besos <33333