twenty two

Thank you for the 8k reads <3 

Harry 

We only stayed in London for a night after the one night only concert. Right now, I am driving to Manchester. I am stressed because it is the first time that I'll stay at one of my partner's parents' house. I get to meet her mother and it is, also, the first time I am this stressed. I want this woman to like me because I'm going to marry her daughter. It is important to me that her mother has a good opinion about me. I want her to see me as Harry, as H, and not as the celebrity Harry Styles or her daughter's boss, who is dating her and it is inappropriate. 

My mother loved Iris. She called me after the first meeting and she told me how much she liked my girlfriend and she told me that she could see how much we love each other. Two days after that phone call, she came to my house when Iris and Emma were at a walk around the city, which obviously I couldn't go. My mother and I discussed about my relationship with Iris. I told her my intentions of marrying that woman. She was so happy and she told me to do it in the next few months. 

The truth is, I'm afraid. I'm afraid that the woman I love so much, will say No. And I can't lose her. I can't lose her and I can't lose Emma. They both mean so much to me. My mother loved Emma as well. She asked me if I see Emma as my daughter. It was the first time that I answered yes straightaway, without thinking too much beforehand. She teared up a little but she reserved when the door opened and Emma and Iris came back home. 

"Harry, sing." Emma demands and I stop thinking of how the future will be. A Taylor Swift song is playing on the radio. Emma doesn't know the words but she is shaking to the rhythm. 

I chuckle and I look at her for one second through the rare view mirror. "Little honey, you don't know the words but you demand me to sing it, that's not right." And Iris laughs. 

"I like your voice." Emma admits and her words warm my heart. 

"Thank you, little honey but I don't know the words too." I tell her and she tells me that I had to know them. She continues to dance a little and Iris tells her that in a few minutes we are going to be at Nanna Sophie's home. Emma begins to talk about her grandmother and she is telling me that Nanna Sophie is the best and she loves her so much. They play together, they dance and they eat the best things. Her last words are going to be in my mind forever and I'm going to text them to my mother "Annie reminds me of her."

Iris looks at me and she smiles. She puts her hand on top of mine in the steering wheel and she hold my hand tight so I can understand that she wants her daughter to think of my mother as her grandma. 

"Okay, turn right and we are home." She tells me and I do as she says. 

"I'm a little anxious." I admit whispering. She looks at me. 

"You don't have to be. She's a great woman. She already likes you. Now, let's park the car here real quick so we can carry the things to the house." She tells me and I nod. Her mother already likes me

I am the first to walk out of the car and I open Iris's door and then Emma's. While I help my best friend to get free of her seat belt the door of the house in front of us opens and a woman with black hair on the length of her  shoulder comes out. 

"Ton, Flor, They are here." She yells and I'm sure that the whole neighborhood knows that we are here. 

"Mum, don't scream. We don't want anyone to know." Iris tells her as she hugs her. They look alike a lot. They are both brunettes and they have the same face shape. 

"Oh my God, Emma Louise. You are such a big girl. Come give Nanna a hug." Emma runs to her grandmother and I hear her telling her how much she has missed her. Emma radiates love, she loves everyone and I wish we can protect that. She is so precious.