twenty eight

Iris

We have officially moved to Harry's house. Emma had no doubt when we asked her, she said Yes immediately. She said that she will be happy because she will spend all day everyday with Harry and he isn't going to leave her ever again. I don't know how she is going to take when we tell her that she's going to leave again soon. It's a secret for now because we are trying to find the perfect way of doing that. 

Harry spends the most of his time with us. He even sits with us as Emma draws and I answer to some emails. He just sits with us and writes to his journals. He looks so content that we are all here together and we don't have to choose a house to spend the night.

The best part of all that is the fact that I wake up everyday with him by my side. Sometimes I wake him up with kisses, sometimes he does but there are other times that Emma wakes up the both of us kissing us all over the face.

She loves her new room. Harry had it painted in the color lavender and we just moved in all of her old stuff even though he offered to get her new ones. It wasn't needed though. I think that in a few years we are doing to change all of her room.

I believe that Emma's favorite thing about this home is the backyard. She always wanted one and now that she has it she can't stop looking at it.

Today is Halloween. Harryween as Harry likes to call it. Molly has been working for this day non stop these past few weeks. She and Lambert are trying the hardest to decided what is the best thing to do so they can promote the event and Harry only had to decide what he wants to get dressed. He decided to dress as Danny Zuko, from Grease. He hasn't show me his costume because he doesn't care that much about that one. 

Emma and Harry spent days talking and deciding what we are going to dress up this year. Emma was a little devasted when she learned that she won't go trick or treating this year but Harry promised her that he will find a solution. After endless debates, Emma won. This year we are all going to be characters from Ariel. Harry is going to be Prince Eric, as Emma insisted and she is going to be dressed up as Ariel. I will be Ursula because Tonya joked that I'll make the perfect villain and Harry loved this idea. The best thing about that is that Tonya and Florence are going to be dressed up as Sebastian and Flounder, because they want to match the theme. 

"Mumma, can you put my wig on? I want to be ready when Harry is." 

"Of course, darling. Are you excited to see Harry as Prince Eric?" 

"Daddy is going to be so pretty." She says and then looks at me with eyes wide open. I look at her through the mirror and smile. She feels a little awkward that she called him daddy in front of me and I want to help her to feel comfortable. 

"He will be for sure." I tell her trying not to guide the conversation but I know that eventually I have to. "What did you call Harry, darling?" 

"Is Harry my dad?" She asks the question that I knew it was going to be asked. She's so close to Harry and I knew that someday that she will call him the word that she never knew she would say.

"No, darling. But he can be if you want to. He loves you so much and he cares about you a lot." I try to give her the right to choose on her own how she wants to call Harry. I don't want to be the one to tell her. If she doesn't feel ready, there is no need to hurry. We have all the time in the world. 

"Why don't my dad love me? Why did he leave?" She looks at me throw the mirror and I know that she is curious about my answer. There is no sadness behind her eyes, just curiosity. 

"I don't know, honey. I know, though, that it isn't your fault and I know that one day he will be sorry for leaving. I don't want you to put the blame on yourself, parents sometimes leave but you have me, you know. I am here for you. I know that you may feel sad that you don't have a dad but there are so many people that love you. We love you more than you can imagine." I try to find the right words to say but I can't. There is no right words on this matter.