three

Iris

Today is Saturday and that means that it is the only day Mick could have a meeting. But that also means that Emma has to be there with me. My sister and Florence can't take care of her because they are out of town and Millie's parents are on a trip to San Francisco to see Patrick's family. So, Emma has to be with me. I called Molly first thing in the morning asking her if that was allowed. She sounded excited to finally meet my little one. Emma, is excited too. She is happy that she is going to see Mick again. Harry too. 

She met him a month ago and she asks about him from time to time. She seems to be in love with him already and i don't even know how to feel. She is a very extroverted kid but she never showed this much fondness to someone. Harry doesn't know about my daughter's little crush on him but i am sure that by the end of this day he will know everything.

I am driving to the office while Emma sings a song that she learned in the kindergarten. She holds her bunny in her hands and she hugs him from time to time. Mister Bunny is her best friend. She has him a long time and she is really attached to this bunny. She tells him all of his secrets and talks to him when she feels overwhelmed. 

"Emma, we are here honey. Are you ready to see Mick again?"

"Yes, I miss him. He nice." 

"I know baby, he is."

"Harry is here?"

"Yes, he is." 

"Nice." She tells me with the biggest smile on her lips. I help her to get out of the car and once her feet are on the road, she gives me her hand to hold. Her blonde curls are at their best today and i am really jealous of this little girl. My curls are never that good. She took the best characteristics from both me and her excuse of a father. 

We enter the office and i see in front of me Molly, Harry and Mick talking to each other. My daughter looks at them too but she only shouts one name. 

"Mick." She leaves my hand and runs to where he stands. 

"Oh, the little monster. What a surprise." He crouches down to take her into his arms. They know each other from when Emma was a baby. My previous boss is really good friends with him and we visited him from time to time. I always had Emma with me. 

"I not monster." She tells me, doing a grammatical error. 

"You are a big girl now, wow." 

"I am." She agrees and then looks in front of her. She first looks at Molly and then to the love of her life, Harry. "Hi, Harry." She only waves at Harry making the four of us laugh. 

"Hi, Miss Emma. How are you?" 

"I'm good, thank you."

"Emma." I tell her and it is the only time she acknowledges me. "Say Hi to Molly baby."

"Hi Molly." She tells Molly, making her giggle. 

"Hello, Emma. I'm so glad I meet you." 

"Me too." Emma says agreeing, but i know that she didn't completely understands what Molly said to her. 

"Hello, Iris. How are you?" Harry asks me.

"I'm fine. Thank you all for letting me bring the little trouble with me." 

"It's alright." 

Harry Lambert enters the office. He's eyes go to my daughter and he immediately throws down his tote bag and walk straight to us. 

"Hello you all. Hello, little lady."

"Hello Lamby." She giggles. 

"I missed you little miss."