thirty eight

Sorry for taking so long to update

Harry

Yesterday night, Emma and I cooked some mashed potatoes and then we made cookies, a recipe that I learned from Florence and her cooking lessons back in London.

Iris came home exhausted and she ate a little bit of the food that waited for her. She threw up almost immediately. Emma tried to tell her that everything is alright, making her mum laugh while crying on the floor of our downstairs bathroom.

I took Emma to school this morning and made a pinky promise that we are going to be early to our dinner today. I came back to the house to find Iris once again in the bathroom throwing up. I am sure that she is pregnant but I don't tell her because I am sure that she will be upset if she isn't eventually. 

"Are you ready to go to the doctor, honey?" 

"I am, sorry for throwing up." She tells me, her voice a little raspy. 

"Don't ever apologize about that. Take your time, I'll go give Oliver his food." I say and kiss her forehead. She nods and I try not to make her more anxious than she already is. I know that a second kid will change everything in our lives once again. I look from afar as she slowly get up and goes straight to the sink so she can brush her teeth. She looks tired, exhausted even. She doesn't move around the house the same way as she used to do and I pray to God everyday so she can feel like herself again. 

I tell Iris everyday to take a step back from work, but she doesn't listen. She just keeps on working. She doesn't listen even though I'm her boss. I think that's the reason why they say to not date your employees. 

"Are you ready?" I ask her after I put Oliver's food on his plate. She nods and takes my hand into hers, because I know that she seeks comfort. 

"Whatever the doctor tells us, we'll be together. We'll be alright." I tell her once again. My therapist told me the other day that Iris will want the comfort, the confirmation that we'll stay together whatever happens and I should provide that to her, without of course loosing my peace of mind. I try to validate her feelings as much as I can, and she does always the same with mine. This woman is the love of my life, I'm sure. 

"I know, thank you for coming with me." She says and closes the car door. I start the car and I drive carefully to the doctor's office. 

"I think it is somewhat my fault that you are in this condition." I try to joke and she shakes her head smiling. 

"You are unbelievable, Styles." 

"Iris Georgia Styles. I think that I like it." I say, more to myself that to her. 

"I wanted to ask you something and this the perfect opportunity." She tells and I think that I hear a little bit of anxiety in her voice. "I know that we are going to get married soon, and I'm wondering, do you want to adopt Emma legally? I know that she's your daughter but I want her to be on the papers too." She tells me her thoughts and I can't help but smile. 

"Of course I do. I've been thinking about it since she first started calling me daddy. I've been thinking about her having my last name. Thank you for giving me that happiness, my love." I tell her and I take her hand from the place it was resting on her thigh and kiss it.