Chapter 17: Forgivness

Start from the beginning

Charlie was gone to Nevada and Anita was working at the Station.

Anita was sitting in a chair while going through a filing cabinet and throwing away old junk.

"Hey, dad-Anita? What are you doing here?" Stiles asked as he walked into his dads office.

"I thought your dad told you. I'm helping him clean the station up...mostly his office". Anita told him with a smile.

Stiles looked confused and then nodded. "I think he did. Oh! See anything cool?" Stiles walked over to her to snoop around.

"No. Your dad makes sure I don't see anything. Rules. Makes sense. Sucks for you, but yay for me." She smiled widely, closing one of the cabinets.

"Oh, boring".  Stiles said in disappointment as he watched her go through the cabinets. 

"Uh, Anita.  I'm sorry for how I treated you".  Stiles started, scratching the back of his neck as he was nervous.

Anita stopped what she was doing and looked up at him from where she was sitting.

"I shouldn't have you know, said some things and called you a freak".  Stiles continued.

"Thank you. You're actually the first person to apologize. So, it means a lot". Anita said gratefully.

Stiles gave a small smile with a nod and then sat in his dads chair, rolling it over to her. "Can I actually ask you a question?" Stiles asked seriously.

"Sure". Anita nodded as she stopped messing with the files and gave him her full attention.

"Does everyone turn into a ghost when they die?" Stiles asked.

"No. It's only ones that have unfinished business or need to do something in order to crossover". Anita answered.

"How does one have unfinished business?"

"Well, it depends.  Many different things.  It's never really certain".

Stiles nodded but was still a bit confused. Anita let out a deep sigh as she looked at him. She could see that he's nervous.

"You want to know if your moms a ghost. Right?" Anita asked softly.

Stiles looked at her shocked but nodded his head.

"I really don't have a set schedule. Do you mind if we go to your house?"

Anita stepped into the Stilinski household as she looked around with a smile. As soon as she stepped in, she felt positive energy. "You know the saying, if walls could talk?" Anita asked as she ran her hand on one of the walls.

"Yeah".

"I don't only see ghosts. I can see memories from certain areas and this". Anita let her mind wonder and soon when she looked around the house it was brighter, some things were different and images and voices were heard.

When she lifted her hand, she saw Stiles looking at her but Anita just continued to walk the house.

"Are you a medium then?"  Stiles asked and Anita only laughed.

"No.  I've actually just found out what I am.

"What are you?"  Stiles asked, looking at her.

Anita stopped walking, turning her attention to Stiles.  "Theres actually someone I want to tell first and I want to keep it on the downside".  Anita told Stiles softly.

"Yeah-uh".  Stiles nodded, but being him he was fidgeting to know.

"But".  Anita's lips slowly turned into a smile.  "You're smart, like my best friend Simon.  I bet you can figure it out.  And...if you do, ask and I'll tell you if you're right or not."  Anita then turned back, walking once more.

Stiles nodded, smiling, all pumped up to do some research once she left.

"Deal".

For the next fifteen minutes she explored the house.  With Stiles permission she gently held a necklace that was Claudia's and by the end she concluded that his mom crossed over.

"She was never a ghost.  She crossed over as soon as she passed".  Anita explained gently.

"So, she didn't have unfinished business?"  Stiles asked.

"No.  It doesn't mean she didn't love you Stiles.  It means that she knew your dad would take care of you". 

With that sentence, Stiles felt relief wash over him.  He never knew that would make him feel better about everything, but it did.

~~~

Isaac wrapped his arms around Anita, lifting her up as he shook her in the hug.  "I've missed you!"  Isaac put her down.

"Where did you go?" Anita asked.

"Actually didn't go really as planned. Me, Derek, and Peter have been trying to find Erica and Boyd".

"What do you mean?" Anita asked.

That was when Isaac explained to her what was going on. There was an alpha pack and they took Erica and Boyd. All summer, they have been trying to find the two but can't find them.

"I'm sure you'll find them". Anita tried to make him feel better. She knew he was worried about his friends. Isaac only nodded.

"Anita. Hello". Peter greeted once he entered the room, Derek following behind him. "I heard, Isaac caught you up on everything". Peter looked to Isaac.

"Which is stuff you shouldn't worry about". Derek looked to her.

"It worries you and Isaac so it's worrying me". Anita told Derek seriously.

"Anyways, who else am I supposed to hang out with?" Anita sprawled out on the couch.

"What about your boyfriend?" Isaac asked.

"Yeaaaaaah. About that. I broke up with him two weeks ago". Anita admitted.

"Really?" Isaac asked with a smile as his eyes travelled to Derek.

"Moved too fast.  Nothing in common and it's fine.  I actually feel good".  Anita smiled proudly.  She didn't regret her decision.

"Glad to hear. Now let's get some ice cream". Isaac grabbed her hand and basically dragged her out.

"You're buying". Anita told him.

"I know".

Peter turned to Derek, his arms crossed over his chest as he gave his nephew a knowing look. "What is up with the Hales getting with Locketts?" Peter asked.

"What do you mean?" Derek asked, pretending not to know. He walked over to a table and tossed his keys down.

"Come on. The two of you always look at one another when the other isn't looking".  A grin made its way on his lips and it only widened when Derek didn't say anything back.

**  Me:  "Well. I guess Anita and Charlie were never meant to be"

Also me ready for Anita and Derek to happen:  "Oh well, too bad.  Bye Charlie" **