Chapter 26

Timeskip
(Next day, 12pm)

Suyeon's pov

We arrived in front of a modernised apartment building and we got out of the car.

"Good morning, sir. Let's go up, shall we?"
My dad asked Mr Park.

My dad went towards the lift lobby and their family followed behind.

Jay stayed quiet the whole time, even up the elevator ride.

He probably has mixed feelings about this because that's exactly how I'm feeling right now.

We exited the elevator. The hallways were air conditioned, and the ground was even carpeted.

We stopped in front of what seems to be my new house and we went in.

The floor was wooden and surprisingly, the house was already furnished.

The living room was next to a window which gave us a nice view of Seoul.

The kitchen was wooden themed too with an island and much place for storage

There were three rooms, one being a master bedroom for Jay and I.

"Do you like the new house, dear?"
My mom asked.

"It's nice"
I said.

Just then, the door rang. My dad opened it and it was the men who was carrying all my stuff. I think some were carrying Jay's things too.

My dad thanked the workers and they left.

"If there's nothing else to discuss, would you like to get going so the two can start unpacking?"
Mr Park asked.

My dad nodded. With that, both our parents left the place.

I avoided Jay and dragged the box labelled 'Clothes' to the master bedroom.

I started unpacking all my folded clothes and hung it in the wardrobe. It had ample space for the two of us.

I put all of them on one side of the wardrobe and drawers so Jay can put his on the other.

I went out and took the other box into the room filled with all my belongings, makeup, and skincare items.

I arranged them neatly on the vanity and put some in the side table.

I felt sweat dripping down the sides of my head. I took a hair tie and was tying my hair when I heard someone knock on the door.

"May I come in?"
-Jay

"Yeah"
I replied and quickly tied my hair into a low bun.

Jay came in with his box and started unpacking his clothes and started putting his clothes in the wardrobe.

I was so anxious that I didn't realise that I had already finished unpacking all my items.

I have nothing to do now.

I walked over to Jay and crouched next to him.

"Do you want me to go get lunch?"
I tapped on his shoulder.

"No wait, I can go. Let me finish this up real quick"
He said and sped up, hanging up the clothes.

"It's okay. I saw a food court nearby on the way here. I can go there"
I said.

"You sure? This only takes me a while more"
He turned his head to me.

"Yea. I'll get kimchi fried rice"
I pushed myself up.

"Sure. Be careful okay?"
He reminded me and I hummed.

I left the house and headed towards the food court.