Chapter 11

Timeskip
(Next day, 7.15am)

Suyeon's pov

I woke up from the morning rays that sneaked in through my window. I scratched my temple as my phone kept buzzing on the side table.

I grabbed it, to see several notifications from Hyorin, Jay, the manager.

I opened the manager's contact and I and saw a news article from 'K*reaboo'. I clicked on it and this was the title:

K*reaboo:
Enhypen's Jay secretly dating?

My eyebrows knitted together in confusion. I scrolled further down and saw a short clip and played it.

It showed the camera facing down, filming our legs that were close together when he put his arm around my shoulder while walking out of the jewellery store back then.

I want to evaporate right now.

There were a few pictures pointing out the walk mirrors that reflected a girl, me, was filming him during the vlog.

Clearly, I wasn't thinking straight because how could I forget to delete that clip?

I looked at the comments left by fans.

Fan 1: That should be me, b*tch.

Fan 2: Who dares to steal my Jay?

Fan 3: Is that lady f*cking insane?

I understand that fans love their idols a lot but this is too much. I was trying to process what had just happened.

I opened Hyorin's contact and she told me to come to the office right now. It was currently Monday but it was an off day as the tour was tiring.

I guess I have to deal with this crap now.

Timeskip
(At the company)

I rushed to the company and asked the lady at the front desk where everyone was. She told me that they were sitting in the cafe.

I rushed up the escalator and ran to the cafe. I saw a group of people sitting at a table with 4 chairs, one unoccupied. Hyorin, the manager, and Jay.

I greeted them awkwardly and sat down next to Jay, in front of the manager.

"Care to explain?"
The manager crossed his arms.

"I'm sincerely sorry. I forgot to edit out that clip and published it without checking my work"
I said in one breath.

"No, Suyeon. I mean the two of you"
He pointed to me and Jay.

"Oh. There's nothing going on, sir. I was just shocked that he had a black card and he just urged me to get out of the store"
My hands were trembling under the table.

"It's true, sir. And isn't she new to this industry? A person who has worked here for a long time won't be as shocked as her. A person like Hyorin"
Jay helped me out.

"Okay. I'll trust you with this one. But what are we going to do? We can't just take the vlog down because the news had spread like wildfire"
The manager told me.

"I suggest that they stay away from each other for a while to prevent misunderstandings. How's that?"
Hyorin's eyes lit up.

"Agreed. And don't post anything until the recent 'en o' clock' is published so that the algorithm will change"
The manager clicked his tongue.

I felt so guilty. I already stirred up so much trouble in my first week of work.

"What's wrong, Jay?"
Hyorin asked.