Chapter 10

Timeskip
(Next day, 7am)

Jay's pov

I tried to crack my eyes open but they closed back, shut again. I turned to the other side and hugged my pillow.

Wait. Why is this pillow so warm? 

I forced my eye awake and was stunned to see a sleeping face. I gasped.

Suyeon is in my bed. SUYEON IS IN MY BED?

"YO! WHY ARE YOU IN HERE?!"
I shouted and pushed myself up right, just to be hit with dizziness.

"Should have expected this, honestly"
Suyeon covered both her ears and turned away.

My head was still spinning from jolting up too fast. I reeked of alcohol.

What even happened yesterday? How did I get back here? Why is she in my bed…

No. No, no, NO! F*ck.

I got out of bed and jumped right into the shower to refresh myself.

The warm droplets dripped down my body as I tried to forget about what happened.

But the words kept replaying in my head. 'Stay with me'. 10 letters, 3 words, 3 syllables, enough to drive me insane.

But that was all I could remember. I didn't remember anything else after and before that.

I rubbed my face with the water roughly to snap myself out of it. I think I might as well flush myself down the toilet.

I got out of the bathroom and saw that Suyeon was already awake. Her hair was still in a messy bun. She was making a cup of coffee.

I tried not to make any noise as I walked into the room to dry and brush my wet hair. 

"Drink it. You better sober up before we catch that flight"
She handed me the cup of coffee she made earlier.

I drank the whole cup without saying anything. 

"Um, Suyeon? Did I make any mistakes last night?.."
I put down the cup.

"Making me sleep in your bed? Yea. That was one hell of a mistake, Jay"
She said groggily and headed for the shower.

I raked my hair back, overthinking what's going to happen to us.

________________________

Timeskip
(On the flight to Korea)

I was sandwiched between Heeseung and Jake. 

"Hyung, what happened yesterday?"
I asked Heeseung.

"A lot, because you drank too much. Jungwon and I had to drag you back to your room and that Suyeon girl looked kind of worried about you"
He explained.

"Sorry for troubling you guys"
I apologised, guiltily.

"I think you should say that to Suyeon. Didn't she take care of you last night?"
Heeseung asked.

"I think so. But the thing is..I can't remember anything much from last night"
I told him.

"Then something must have happened between you two"
Jake tapped into the conversation. He was grinning.

"But I really can't recall what happened"
I got flustered by Jake's statement.

"You look cute when you're lying. Just tell us, Jay"
Jake let out a small chuckle.

Suyeon once said the same thing.

"If my memory wasn't distorted, I told her to stay with me and I woke up this morning with her on my bed"
-Me