Chapter 9 (Part 2)

Timeskip
(Hotel, 2pm)

Jay decided to meet up with Jungwon and Heeseung to finish up the vlog together so I went back to the hotel with the shopping bags.

My phone vibrated and I checked the notification. Of course, Hyorin strikes again.

Stranger:
(Voice recording)

I played it and instantly knew who was talking.

《    ||    》

(playing)

Me: She told me to stay away from you this morning. She wanted to do your makeup today. I had to listen to her obviously, because she's the senior.

《    |>   》

(finish)

It cut off there. At this point, she's just being stupid. This just proves that it's her on the other side of the screen.

Flashback:

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hyorin's pov

I was burning with curiosity. I know Jay and Suyeon have something going on between them.

I followed Jay and he went into the staff's pantry. I watched them from outside as they acted all lovey dovey with each other. 

The door was slightly open which allowed me to eavesdrop.

I panicked when I saw Suyeon heading towards the door. I hid behind the door and she said: It's about Hyorin

I fumbled as I took out my phone and went to a voice recording app. I pressed start and recorded what she said to Jay.

Just at the worst time, I saw the manager walking down the hallway, looking at his phone.

I stopped the recording and slipped my phone into my pocket, making a dash for the bathroom.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Timeskip
(8pm)

I was starting to get worried about Jay. I paced back and forth in the room. Why hasn't he returned?

Just then, someone knocked on the door.

I quickly ran and opened it. Heeseung and Jungwon was supporting Jay who had his arms around both their shoulders.

"Jay and I had a drink. Can we leave him to you?"
Heeseung asked, guilty.

"Gosh, okay whatever just put him on that bed"
I pointed to his bed and they walked unsteadily, laying him down.

"Sorry, and I apologise on behalf of Jay too. What's your name?"
Jungwon asked.

"Suyeon. And it's fine. He'll be better in the morning"
I reassured him.

They bowed as an apology and left the room.

I took a bottle of water from the mini fridge and made Jay sit up right. 

"Drink water, or you'll wake up even worse tomorrow, idiot"
I shoved the bottle to him and he took a few gulps.

He reeks of alcohol and his cheeks were shades of pink. 

"Choi..suyeon..Choi Suyeon"
He smiled while rocking his upper body back and forth.

"What more do you want? I'm here"
I waved my hand in front of him.

He pulled my arm and made me sit on the bed with him. He snaked his arms around my waist and put his chin on my shoulder.

"I like Choi Suyeon. Do you know where she is?"
I felt his warm cheeks against my neck.

Is this a drunk confession?

"She's here. Right here. The one you're hugging"
I replied softly.

The room went silent and I realised he had passed out on my shoulder.

I carefully removed his hands from my waist and laid him back down on his side.

I rose from his bed but he tugged on the back of my hoodie. 

"Stay with me.."
He said in a raspy voice and pulled me back forcefully, falling back on his bed.

"I can't sleep with you"
I told him although I knew he wasn't in the right state of mind.

"Suyeon said I wasn't her type. So may I have you instead?"
He asked, his eyes still closed. I rolled my eyes at him.

I guess he was jealous back then.

I gave in and snuggled beside him in bed. He buried his face in my chest and I froze for a second. I slowly caressed his hair until we fell asleep.

He's going to turn into Jjonghuahua tomorrow morning.
______________________________________

A/n: What I mean by fast-paced^^^