Chapter 13

Timeskip
(Next day, office, 8am)

"Unnie, can I help you with anything?"
I asked Hyorin.

"I'm editing the behind the scenes for the Japan concert. Do you wanna do it?"
Hyorin replied while putting her hair up using a claw clip.

"Suree!"
I nodded vigorously.

I opened the editing app on my computer and started putting the clips together. I added subtitles and some background music.

"Do you want some water?"
Hyorin grabbed two water bottles from the mini fridge.

"I'm fine, thanks"
I shook my head and she only took one bottle for herself.

I was adding subtitles for the clip where I filmed Jay in the dressing/makeup room and Hyorin was looking at my screen.

"A guy was filming that, right? He called Jay handsome?"
-Hyorin 

"No..it was me behind the camera. BUT I didn't say anything. He made it up on his own and put words into my mouth"
I said quickly before she would scold me.

"Jay isn't that friendly with the females in our company though. He only talks to me sometimes"
Hyorin tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Oh, good for you"
I said, continuing to type the subtitles.

"What? Are you mad?"
She asked.

"No, I mean that in a good way. It's just hard to say 'good for you' without sounding sarcastic"
I said.

"Hmm, okay"
She said.

________________________

Timeskip
(1pm)

"I'm gonna head out for lunch now. Great work, catch you later"
Hyorin got up from her seat and left the office.

I turned off my computer and decided to go to the cafe. After this, I'll head home since I have no more work to do.

I looked at the cakes and pastries displayed on the refrigerated rack. I ordered a piece of vanilla cake and an ice latte.

As I waited for my food to be served, I noticed that Jay and Sunghoon were having a drink together.

Hyorin was sitting on another table near them, alone.

I took my cake and latte and sat down on a table really farther from those three. I stole a few glances at the 3 of them.

Sunghoon soon stood up and left Jay. Hyorin took the chance and opposite Jay. Somehow, I could hear her high-pitched voice from my table. 

She kept touching his arm and smiling at him like a fool.

And she tells me to stay away from him?

_______________________

Jay's pov

"Can you shut up. I can't even enjoy a cup of coffee, alone"
I snapped.

"But you're so handsome~"
Hyorin tilted her head at me.

"I've had enough. I'm going to tell the manager about your behaviour and make you loss your job"
I stood up.

"No! Wait. I'll do anything for you, please don't tell anyone"
She held onto my arm.

I shifted my head up and saw that Suyeon was sitting at a far table, sipping on her coffee.

I got distracted again when Hyorin continued tugging on my arm.

"Anything?"
I thought of an idea.

"Yes! Anything you want, Mr. Grumpy!
She smiled brightly and I sat back down.

"Okay. I want you to stop bothering me"
I smirked.

"No. Anything but that!"
Hyorin scrunched her nose.

"Then stop bothering Suyeon"
I said.

"What do you mean?"
Her tone changed to her normal voice.

"Stop texting her weird stuff. We know it's you, Hyorin. And why did you lie to her about getting into the company because we're short on staff?"
I asked, frustrated.

"I don't know what you're talking about"
She turned away.

"Then I'll just tell on you"
I sunk into my chair, crossing my arms.

"No! Okay fine, I won't disturb her. And I lied because I was mad that she spent more time with you than me"
She rolled her eyes.

"I have to tell you, directly. I do not like you. You just can't seem to get the hint.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I can't let this drag on"
I explained.

"Fine. You never once tried to act warm towards me, but you brought Suyeon to the mall when we were in Japan?"
Her forehead creased.

"What?"
-Me

"You brought her out for dinner, didn't you? You could have ordered room service instead"
She told me.

"I just wanted to try more good food while I was there and I didn't want to go alone"
I said.

"You could go with one of the members. Why go with her?"
She asked.

"I…can't answer that. Just don't bother her anymore. And if you are nice enough, don't bother me anymore"
I took my drink and walked away.

She was calling out for me but I ignored her. I made eye contact with Suyeon who was staring at me as I walked out of the cafe, confused.

Finally.

__________________________

Suyeon's pov

I was confused by what happened between Jay and Hyorin. I took my last bite of the cake and returned the plate.

I quickly got out of there before Hyorin could see me.

I made my way out of the company. I admired the clear sky as I walked slowly towards the bus stop

I sat down on the bench and decided to check out their 'TFW' choreography. I'll try to learn it back at home.

I put on my earpiece and clicked on the video. The choreography seemed slightly simpler, but this body of mine moves like a robot.

Suddenly, I felt something bump my leg. I looked down and saw a black cat. It was brushing its body along the texture of my pants.

I bent down to pet it and it purred in response. I rubbed under its chin and it closed its eyes, showing that it enjoys my rubs.

I snapped a picture of it and decided to put it as my wallpaper. People think that black cats bring bad luck but they're majestic.

My bus arrived and I went home.

Timeskip
(At home)

I washed up and put on my pyjamas. I kept rewatching the 'TFW' choreo to familiarise myself with the steps.

I tried to move my shoulders and my knees upwards, in sync, but they don't seem to coordinate well with one another. 

My knees don't move outwards like that.

I fell flat on my bed, feeling hopeless. I don't have coordination or rhythm when I try to dance.

Do I really have to show it to him?

I don't want to embarrass myself in front of him, nor sleep with him again. I got to my feet and attempted the moves again.

I managed to get most of the choreo right. However, I can't do that shoulder-knee move right. I stomped my feet in frustration.

I planned to just do the choreo in front of him and try my best to improvise the move.

I just hope he lets it slide.