Chapter 5

Timeskip
(In a mall)

Jay's pov

"What restaurant are we going to?"
I asked, walking behind Suyeon.

"The ******* Restaurant. I heard they have really good wagyu beef. I want to try it"
She replied while still walking forward.

"Look look! It's over there! I see it!"
She turned around to me and pointed to the restaurant just a few metres from us.

I smiled at her being so thrilled just to eat dinner.

She suddenly took my hand and started running towards the restaurant with me. She was so cute.

"Calm down. The restaurant is not going anywhere"
I said while laughing at her already waving her hand in the air trying to get the worker's attention.

"Do you have a reservation?"
The worker asked while tapping a few buttons on the cash register screen and looking up at us.

Suyeon looked at me with a worried face. We didn't book it because she didn't tell me where we were going before we left.

This restaurant takes reservations only.

"Sorry, but we didn't book a reservation. Are there any open tables currently?"
I asked the worker and he quickly scanned the restaurant.

"Yes, we happen to have two tables that are not taken. You're a lucky couple"
He smiled at us.

"You've got it all wrong. We're not a cou-"
-Suyeon

"Thank you, sir"
I interrupted Suyeon and gave her a smirk before following the worker into the restaurant.

"Which table would you two like?"
The worker pointed to the two tables.

One of them was surrounded by other tables with big families and another was placed next to a window, overlooking the city.

"Jay, the one at the window. Pleasee~"
Suyeon pointed to the window and used her other arm to tug on mine. I nodded.

"We'd like to sit there sir"
I diverted my eyes from the man to that table as my reply.

We settled down into our seats and he passed us the menu. Suyeon was smiling, wide as ever.

She flipped through the menu and stopped at the steak category.

"Jay! It's the wagyu beef, the one I was talking about!"
She called out for me and tapped on the picture of the wagyu beef on the menu.

"Okay. I'll just order some udon noodles and tempura on the side?"
I said still flipping through the menu. But Suyeon didn't respond.

"Suyeon? What's wrong?"
I looked up at her to see her resting her head on her hand.

She was playing with her hair while looking at the menu as if she's thinking hard.

"Isn't the wagyu beef a bit too expensive? Maybe I'll choose something else"
She straightened her back and started flipping through the menu again.

"Choi Suyeon, the price doesn't matter. I owe you a lot and I want to show my sincerity"
I leaned forward to see her face as she was looking down at the menu.

She looked up, looking guilty. She pressed her lips together before speaking again.

"You're sure you're okay with it? You better not take it back or I'll feel really guilty"
Her forehead creased.

"Of course, Choi. Here I'll prove it to you"
I fish out my wallet and show her my black card.

Her jaw was practically crawling on the floor right now. She was astonished.