Chapter 22

Timeskip
(Next day, 9am)

Hyorin's pov

The manager called me into his office. I already knew what was coming my way.

So I prepared myself.

I followed him into his office and sat down.

"You should know why you're here. Sign this letter of termination. You're not working at Hybe Labels starting from today due to harassment"
The manager passed me the paper and a pen.

"I want you to pack all your things, sign out from your computer and leave. You are also not allowed to disclose any information about the idols or staff in this company"
He added.

I signed the paper, slightly grinning.

"Okay. But before I do, I think there's something that you should know and something I need to show"
I passed back the paper to him.

"What? Don't bother spitting out lies when you're already being fired"
He crossed his legs, leaning back on his chair.

"Jay and Suyeon are dating. It's been what? 8 months?"
I said calmly.

"Like I'd fall for that"
He rolled his eyes.

"You never once found it strange that Jay always looks for Suyeon? Or when he always asks her to do his makeup for shows?"
I asked, fishing out my phone.

"He has preferences and I would understand why he wouldn't want you to do it for him"
He responded.

"Here, proof. This was back when we went to the vacation house, night time"
I showed him the photo I took of Jay kissing Suyeon's hand and then head.

"This was even earlier, when we were in Japan. They went out to a mall at night together"
I swiped to the right and showed him a picture of them walking together.

"That is..his cap that he's holding"
The manager trailed off.

"Believe me now? Don't you want your idols to focus on their career?"
I tried to manipulate him.

"I'm calling Suyeon over here. Don't move"
The manager stood up and left to bring Suyeon here.

That'll give her a taste of her own medicine.

He came back with Suyeon, looking clueless.

"Hyorin has something to show you, and you have to tell me if it is true or not"
The manager said.

Suyeon walked closer to me and I showed her the photos.

Her eyes changed, but only enough for me to notice it. She wasn't expecting it.

Are the photos really you and Jay?"
The manager asked.

"Remember what I told you last time? I don't tolerate lies"
I said, resting my chin on my fist.

"Uhh.. N- Yes…"
Her voice wavered.

"Are you two in a relationship?"
He asked, lips parted.

She went silent. Her eyes roamed around the room as if she was looking for an excuse plastered on one of the walls. 

Her hands gripped onto the hem of her shirt tightly before she spoke again.

"Yes..we are together. It's been 8 months"
Her voice was shaky, her head was faced down.

"Wow, Choi Suyeon. I thought you knew better. I thought wrong"
He said in disappointment.

"I'm giving you two options. Break up with him and continue working here without any interactions, or resign if you can't handle it"
He held up two fingers.