Chapter 7

Jay's pov

The screen in front of us lifted, revealing the insanely huge crowd.

We saw all the waving lightsticks, showing how energised they were when they saw us.

We started dancing and everyone was screaming our names.

Their cheers felt like electricity running through my veins. It was such a surreal feeling.

Nothing can compare to what I'm feeling in this moment.

_______________________

Timeskip

We started singing "Shout Out" as our last song. I could hear the crowd singing along with us through our in-ears.

We started running towards the extended stage.

Adreanaline rushed through my body and got goosebumps from seeing the huge crowd, full of people who appreciate us.

I felt so loved in that moment. I wish I could give them all this love and support back, one way or another.

I love them dearly.

We gave our short "thank you" speech. I could see the members holding back their tears as the screen above us descended, and closed in front of us while waving goodbye to engene.

The members huddled together and we did a group hug, patting each other on the back.

We went back to the dressing/makeup room and was greeted with a loud applause by the staff.

The manager was holding a cake with lighted candles while walking towards us.

He stood in front of Jungwon, hoping for him to blow it out but Niki beat him to it.

He blew them out and used a mini fork next to the cake to taste the frosting.

"It's so good! Try some"
Niki said while cutting a small piece and putting it out for one of the members to eat.

"Oh, so you want to do it the old-fashioned way? Come on hyung, airplane coming in. Aaaa~"
-Niki

He moved the fork up and down in an airplane motion and Jake took a bite of it. It reminded me of when Suyeon fed me that wagyu beef.

Everyone was scattered around the room, on the chair, on the couch, standing while eating a slice of cake.

Suyeon came over to me and dabbed my sweat away using a paper towel.

"How was it?"
She asked while dabbing my neck.

"What do you mean 'how was it'? It was the best thing I've even experienced in my life"
I mimicked her voice and she smiled.

"Congratulations. I've only known you for a bit, but this really is one of your biggest achievements"
She patted my back.

We got changed back into our original clothes and called it a day.

________________________

Timeskip
(Back at the hotel room)

Suyeon's pov

"What do you want for dinner?"
I asked Jay.

"What are you craving?"
Jay asked me back.

"Kind of craving ramen. Do you mind if I ask you to go and buy it at the convenience store downstairs?"
I sat on my bed.

"Anything for you. I'll be right back"
He said, grabbing the key card and leaving me alone.

I took some time to admire the city lights from the hotel room. This is why I'm a night person.