Chapter 25

Timeskip 
(3 days later, 6pm)

Suyeon's pov

I wore a formal blue dress and some sneakers since my mom asked me to look 'presentable'.

[Not my picture, for reference]

Im currently on the way to the address my mom sent me. 

I'm feeling nauseous because of nervousness, and the taxi air is not helping me.

I'm not ready. I want to turn back.

Timeskip
(30 minutes later)

"Thank you, uncle"
I paid the driver and got out of the taxi.

The house was two stories' tall. It looked so modernised and I can see what my parents mean by he's rich. Or at least his family.

Just as I was taking a look at the house, I heard a vehicle pull up behind me. I turned around.

"You're punctual, good"
My mom said as she got our of the car.

My dad came out too and their chauffeur drove off.

"You look pretty, dear. Now let's go in, and don't be rude to anyone"
My mom said, guiding me towards the family's front door.

My dad knocked, twice. My stomach is still queasy.

An old, sophisticated man in a suit creaked the door open. The two fathers bowed to each other and the man invited us in.

We walked down a long hallway and to the right, was a living room. 

[Not my picture, for reference]

My family sat on one couch and the man sat on the other. Soon, a lady came in with a tray of drinks. It must be his wife.

"Hello, make yourselves comfortable"
The lady said, placing the drinks on the small coffee table.

My family bowed with their heads.

"I'll go get him, give me a moment"
The lady said to her husband and left.

"So this is your daughter"
"What's your name?"
The man looked at my father, and then shifted his gaze to me.

"Choi Suyeon. Nice to meet you"
I gave a weak smile.

"Okay, Suyeon. I'm sure your Mr. Choi here has told you about the engagement. Have you agreed to it?"
He asked.

"Yes..I'm okay with it"
I'm not okay with this bullsh*t.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and turned. It was the lady and I saw another man behind her but she was blocking his face.

I just looked down and played with my fingers because I'm too scared to face them.

I never wanted to have invisibility so badly.

They walked over to the couch and sat beside Mr. Park? If I remember his surname correctly.

"Alright, this is my son, Jong Seong. He'll be your fiancé from now on"
Mr. Park said.

Am I hearing things right? 

Jong Seong?

If his surname is Park..

Park Jong Seong?

I slowly lifted my head and saw him looking right at me. I saw his lips part. He remembers…

Am I dreaming?

"Jay…"
I muttered under my breath, no one could hear.

My mom tapped me on the shoulder and signalled for me to stand up and greet him.

"H-hi, I'm Choi Suyeon"
I awkwardly stood up and Jay did too.

He stood up too and just played along.

"I'm Jay"
He bowed.

We sat back down and I could feel my heart palpitating.

"I'll allow you two to get to know each other before the wedding which will be one month away. Also, Jong Seong needs to revert back to working in my company"
Mr Park explained.

"What?"
Jay furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yes you're working back there. You need to earn a living to support your future wife here"
Mr Park directed his hand to me.

I tucked my lips.

So this is his father that he disliked.

His dad looked intimidating and strict. In contrast, his mom looked so polite.

The room fell silent for a moment but my dad cleared his throat.

________________________

Jay's pov

"I have found a house for you and Suyeon to move into. I hope you've started packing because you're moving in tomorrow"
Mr Choi said.

Tomorrow? I wouldn't even have time to process this.

I wasn't expecting her to be the one I'm marrying.

Should I be happy?

Sad?

Relieved?

But one thing for sure, I'm shocked.

Did our stars actually realign again?

"Thank you for your help, I hope this marriage will go smoothly then"
My dad answered.

My mom took my hand and smiled at me. She mouthed "Are you okay?" and I nodded.

I turned to look at Suyeon and she was looking at the two fathers, especially mine, as if she's analysing their every move.

They're talking about the two companies merging and I honestly couldn't care less.

"Try and talk to her. She looks like a sweet girl"
My mom said softly.

"Maybe when we move in, I'm not ready yet"
I replied.

I was reluctant. I'm not sure if she's comfortable with me, after what happened 4 years ago.

"Alright, we'll return home now. It's getting dark. I'll send their new address to you, Mr Park. Have a good night"
Mr Choi stood up and so did his family.

We said our goodbyes to them and Suyeon took one last glance at me before she walked out the door.

Will she open up to me again?