Chapter 24 (Part 2)

Jay's pov

Enhypen officially disbanded.

We've worked so hard these few years. We've reached the top. We've achieved all our dreams.

All our beloved engene, they've come such a long way, on such a fulfilling journey with the members and I.

There's no other way we can express our gratitude because it's beyond the space in our hearts. They have no idea how much love and happiness they've brought to us.

Excluding a few negative sides of this industry, engene has played a huge role in our life, and I'll always pray for their happiness. The same kind that they give us.

The members and I decided to stay low, so fans have time to recover from the news.

Although it may be heartbreaking, I hope enhypen has provided them with all that we can give.

The members are still in contact with each other. Some went back to live with our parents, and some bought their own apartments.

I was planning to buy my own apartment, but I was forced to come back home.

My mom texted me and said that my dad was expecting me. She was telling me that he seemed like he was in a good mood after what seemed like forever.

I was skeptical, but I just agreed.

______________________

Timeskip
(At home)

"My Jayy!! I'm so proud of you"
My mom took small, quick steps towards me who just entered the door.

"Eommaa"
I gave her tight hug.

She pulled away slightly and her eyes were filled with tears. She was giving a proud smile, grabbing face in her hands.

She drew circles on my cheeks with her thumbs, admiring me.

"You've grown so much, my son. I missed you so much"
She said in shaky breaths because she was crying.

"I missed you too. Don't cry, I'm here now"
I rubbed her back reassuringly.

"Okay. Your dad is in his room. He's expecting you"
She removed her arms around me.

"Did he tell you anything?"
I asked.

"No. But he was smiling a lot today. A bit strange, but I hope everything will be okay"
She replied.

I nodded and excused myself. I went upstairs to my dad's room, but it looks more like an office.

The place where he taught me what the reality of this world was.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the huge wooden door. I went in.

There he was, my dad sitting on his office chair, going through some paperwork. He looked up upon my entrance.

"Ahh, you're here"
He said in amusement.

I bowed and walked closer to him, stopping in front of his desk.

"Did you need me?"
I asked, emotionless.

"Aww, no 'I missed you' or anything?"
He said sarcastically while pursing his lips.

"I don't"
I stared at him looking stupid.

"Ok whatever. So since you're back, I'm setting you up with someone, in an arranged marriage"
He folded his arms.

I opened my mouth to speak but he put a finger up, telling me to wait.

"I'm merging with another company and this marriage will help us settle on the deal. And you need a wife too"
He continued.

"What makes you think that you can use me for your business? And just because I ended my career, you're gonna start controlling me again?"
I asked in disbelief.

"You have nothing else to do, so just do your dad a favour. You'll be meeting your future wife in 3 days. They're coming here, so dress well"
He responded.

"What even is her name?"
I asked, pissed off.

"Not sure. You'll know soon. You're also moving in with her into a new house that her parents have found. Dont forget to be polite as I taught you"
He reminded me.

He looked back down to his paperwork and continued reading through them. I just walked out.

I felt an insurmountable rage rushing through my veins. I felt like my blood vessels were going to burst.

What the actual f*ck is wrong with my dad?

I hate that I don't dare to say no to him. He has power over me.

Even if I don't want to be the same old child that I was back then, that inner child will always haunt my soul.

I want to let go of him so desperately, but he'll always stay with me, stay in the silences of my mind.

I felt angry tears streaming down my face as I walked towards my old room, but I saw my mom who was hiding behind the wall near my dad's room.

"What happened?"
She asked with concern.

"I'm okay. I just need time alone"
I walked past her and entered my room.

"Jay, you can always tell me anything. I'm your mother"
She kneeled beside me, who was sitting on the bed.

Oh how I've longed to hear those words. I could feel the sincerity in her voice.

I never wanted to cry so badly before, but at this moment, I just want to cry a whole river.

I want to let out everything I've held in these past years.

I need the warmth of my mother.

"I'm in an arranged marriage with someone. I don't even know who they are"
I said, sniffling.

"I'm.. so sorry, Jay. I wish I could go against your father, but you know how he can be"
She moved beside me and pulled me into a hug.

I put my head on her shoulder and let the tears flow. Her motherly scent is so familiar and it kills me twice.

I never realised how much I've missed and loved her.

I told her everything. I talked about the members. I talked about all the fun things we did. I talked about the concerts I went to. We talked for hours.

But there was one thing that I never mentioned.

Her, and our relationship.

I don't want to see her heart shatter. I know she would be the happiest mother alive if she knew I had a girlfriend, if she knew how I loved another woman as much as I loved her.

But we've broken up. And I never want her to know that I went through that.

"Thank you for telling me all this, Jay. I would love to meet your friends one day"
She caressed my hair.

"I'll bring them over someday, surely"
I smiled.

"Okayy. Now let's go eat. I prepared your favourite. Curry!! I'll make for you roasted corn tomorrow"
She laughed.

Her pearly eyes made me smile tenderly. She was so adorable.

"Thank you, eomma. I love you"
-Me

She'll make life at least, bearable. I wouldn't trade her for anything in the universe.

___________________________________

A/n: Are yall crying, or is it just me? Am I just emotional?

And anyway Hyorin is out of the picture now, if you couldn't already tell.

Should I make the two reconcile?