Chapter 12

Timeskip
(Three days later, office, 5.30pm)

Suyeon's pov

It's been a while since I talked to Jay. It's strange, not having him hang around me.

He doesn't come to annoy me during work and I don't see him around the company much.

Does he hate me for what I've caused?

I was editing the 'en o' clock' from the previous week. This time, I'll be sure to check my work thoroughly.

"You almost done? Why are you so slow?"
Hyorin took a look at my computer screen.

"Sorry, I wanted to check properly before I release the video"
I apologised.

"Can I send it to you to look through? What's your number?"
I asked, facing her.

Her frown relaxed, and she stared down at me. Her lips formed into a thin line.

Oh this is good.

"No wait, it's okay. You don't need my number. Just check it on your own then publish it. Hah.."
She awkwardly smiled.

"Why not? It'd be convenient if I needed help. I could just text you"
I said, pushing up my glasses.

"Umm. OH, LOOK AT THE TIME, IT'S TIME FOR ME TO CALL MY MOM"
She took out her phone and pretended to dial a number as she walked out.

"Yeah, mom so what are we having for-"
Her voice faded.

Caught you, Kang Hyorin.

I finished checking the whole video. This time, I won't make the same mistake.

I clicked publish and the views started increasing immediately.

I then opened Jay's contact. I hesitated to text him, but I had to update him about Hyorin.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Park Jong Seong

Me:

Hey, can we meet up?
Seen

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

He didn't reply. I walked over to the counter and took a bag of chips and munched on it as I waited for a response.

My phone buzzed and I immediately checked it. Nope, it was just a sale.

Was he busy? Or was he just avoiding me purposely?

It's been 15 minutes.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Park Jong Seong

Me:

If you don't want to
see me