Forty-Three

the night everything fell apart
September, 2023

@jamieflatters posted a photo!

Liked by @baileybass, @jackchampion and 100,456 others

jamieflatters
Forever in awe of you, Trouble❤️

tagged: @edenbliss

view more comments...

user1 imagine getting to date Eden Bliss?? I'm jealous
user2 image dating Jamie flatters?
user3 bi panic fr

baileybass my girl🩷

lilgibs looking like an absolute princess omg

misstrinitybliss this dressssss! I wanna steal it

🖤

My hands are shaking as I clutch my phone, my mind racing. I'd been preparing this moment for a few weeks now, and yet, I had no idea what to do. How do you tell the only person you've ever loved that it hurts to love them? That you wish you could go back to when things were easier when you were nothing more than best friends.

    I've been debating it for months since that night he was late to the album party. But then, communicating got harder; we were no longer just missing phone calls; we were missing major milestones in one another's lives. I've been touring since May, and he's only just seeing us now; he's been filming for months, and I've never been able to visit the set the way I know he longs for me too.

    I missed his fucking birthday. We both deserve so much, and neither of us can deliver that.

     "He's on his way back," I say to Calum, who comes to hug me post-show; he's sweaty, his hair sticking to his forehead. I don't even care, needing the hug. All of the boys knew what was happening tonight, listening to me night after night go over my decision and whether it was the right one.

    I didn't want it to be the right decision, but it is.

     "You gonna be okay?" He asks, worried.

      "Jamie's my best friend," I nod, eyes drifting back down to his recent Instagram post, a picture of me on stage. We made eye contact a few times during my set, and the look of pure awe he wore was one I never wanted to forget; I could only hope he'd still look at me like that after we talked tonight. I could only hope he'd understand where I'm coming from and agree to take a break. "We're gonna be okay."

    I don't want this to be a forever thing. I know Jamie is the right person; it's just the wrong timing.

    "Okay, good luck, Tim Tam," Cal squeezes my shoulder before walking out of my dressing room to head to his. The room is suddenly too quiet without Calum here, my thoughts running a mile a minute. I don't want to do this.