Eight

It's hard not to feel like an imposter, walking into the restaurant rented out for the cast, dressed far nicer than I usually do, my hair and makeup done like I was one of them. I'm a few feet behind Trinity as people greet her, people pulling her into a conversation. "Well, don't you clean up nice," Bailey is the first to greet me, pulling me into her side for a hug.

Trinity picked my dress out for me, a simple black one that ends at my ankles, hugging my figure tightly, showing my body off in a way I never usually do. My hair is down, curled into waves that flow far past my shoulder; it desperately needs a trim, but I'm far too attached to my long hair to ever do such a thing. "Me?" I question, holding my arms out to look at her. Bailey looks classy as ever in a black satin suit, hair slicked back into a low bun, showing off her stunning features, "you look beautiful, Bai."

"So do you," she squeezes both of my hands in her reassuringly as if she can sense the nerves running through me, the doubt creeping in. "I'm so glad you're here."

Before I can reply, someone wraps their arm around my shoulder. "So am I," Jack squeezes me tightly. When I look over at him, he's already smiling down at me, a wide grin that immediately makes my nerves fade. "Eden, beautiful as always." He greets me in a mock British accent.

"Jackson," I nod, laughing at his compliment, attempting my best accent. "Charming as ever."

He playfully glares at me for using his full name, something I typically only ever used when I needed to scold him, which happened more than you'd think on set; somehow, I became a part-time Jack Champion wrangler, constantly reminding him where he needed to be and when. "Where's Jamie?" Bailey asks me, glancing around the room.

"How should I know?" I ask with a shrug, glancing around too. The room is packed, with Jamie nowhere in sight.

Jack finally releases me from his grip, "cause you're you," Jack states, like that, should make it obvious to me, "and Jamie tells you everything."

I scoff, shaking my head at the younger boy, "no, he doesn't."

"Uh, yes, he does..." Jack drags off, mimicking my tone, "seriously, I'm shocked the two of you didn't show up together tonight."

Chiming into the conversation, Bailey adds, "you two do seem to be getting closer," she agrees, her tone innocent, less accusing than Jack's, though the way she quirks her brow says otherwise. "I think he might feel the same."

I shoot her a glare, but it's too late. Jack's eyes widen as he takes in her words. I cut him off before he could speak, holding my finger up at him, pointedly, "no." I say, "please don't freak out about this."

"You're in love with Jamie?" Jack whispers, shocked, "oh my god," he says louder this time, for whoever is listening in to hear, "you're in love with-"

I cover his mouth with my hand before he can speak. "I am not in love with him," I whisper harshly, glancing around to make sure no one's heard, Jack. Something wet slides across my palm, causing me to immediately move my hand, disgusted. "You're disgusting," I wipe my hand against his chest.

"I just can't believe you didn't tell me," Jack clutches his heart as if I've deeply offended him. "I thought we were closer than that, Eden."

"Guess we all know who her favourite is then," Bailey teases, wrapping her arm over my shoulder again, playfully sticking her tongue out at Jack. "Well, I mean besides Jamie, of course," she adds quietly, knocking her hip against mine.

I roll my eyes, opening my mouth to respond when someone walking in the room catches my attention. She looks perfect, like a picture cut out of a magazine, walking in heels like it's nothing, posture perfect as she looks over at him. His hand is on her, fingers lingering on the small of her back, guiding her into the room.

Jamie laughs at something Lilly says as she reaches to fix the collar of his jacket, hand lingering on his chest. I can clearly see the flirtation in her eyes, the way her lips are sealed into a gorgeous grin, but I can't quite read him, he looks nervous, and it's hard to tell if it's because he likes her lingering touch or doesn't.

"Well, that's new," Jack breaks the silence amongst the three of us. He tugs at the sleeves of his jacket, a slight frown on his face as he watches the pair from afar.

"Lilly likes him," I inform them both, crossing my arms over my chest, trying not to appear fazed by the pair; but my stomach churns, the same feeling I felt at lunch earlier flooding through me, only worse. "Told me the other night when we were exploring the city."

"She does?" Both Bailey and Jack as in unison. She sounds curious, almost pitiful, her tone quiet as she squeezes my shoulder. Jack, on the other hand, is a little bit louder, drawing gazes over to us.

"Yup," I mutter, forcing a smile onto my face as the two of them walk over to us. Lilly's smiling like she's won the lottery, and it only makes me feel worse, while Jamie's gaze is downcast, almost avoiding ours. "We'll talk about it later," I add through gritted teeth.

"Bailey, Eden," Lilly moves away from Jack to grab both of our hands, squeezing them tightly in hers. She's so nice. It almost makes me feel guilty for feeling so irritated toward her. "Look at you two. You look stunning. J, don't they look stunning?"

Jamie's eyes connect with mine, a sea of grey clouding over blue. I can't help but feel self-conscious as his eyes drag down my body, slowly taking me in. My dress is much simpler than Lilly's outfit, my hair and makeup done by myself, not by professionals. I feel so hypocritical comparing myself to her, thinking back to all the times I told Trinity to never do the very same thing. "Yeah," his tone is breathless when he finally replies, eyes never leaving me. "Beautiful."

Before any of us can reply, James, clinks something against his glass, gaining everyone in the room's attention, announcing dinner will be served shortly. All of our seats have name cards at them, mine in between Trinity and Jamie's, across from Lilly, Jack and Bailey.

Our meal is served in courses, with waitstaff dressed in matching suits serving them all. When the waiter fills my glass with wine, Jamie nudges me, "another amazing thing about London." he nods toward the glass, which would typically never be served to me in the states.

"I might just have to move here," I shrug, taking a sip, "we can be roommates... get bunkbeds."

Jamie laughs, and I can't help but be filled with a rush of pride. He and Lilly might be getting closer, but she doesn't make him laugh like I can. "Don't tempt me, trouble." He shakes his head. "I just might take you up on that offer."

"You'd get sick of me," I disagree, with a shake of my head. "I'm really quite annoying, ask Trin. She's been stuck with me her whole life."

"It's true," Trinity chimes in, laughing. "Did you know she snores? Oh, and has an actual addiction to chocolate," she playfully rolls her eyes before adding, "has a full drawer at home that she never shares with anyone."

Jamie laughs again, and it's like music to my ears, "she'd share with me," he nudges me with his leg under the table. I wish he'd keep his leg there, brushing against mine. There's something about his touch that makes me feel both excited and calm. Nobody has ever had an effect on me the way he does. "Pay me in chocolate for rent?"

When Lilly's gaze catches mine across the table, I immediately feel guilty for starting this conversation; she's watching us uncomfortably, trying her best to seem unfazed by our conversation. My smile drops when our eyes connect, reminded of her feelings for him and the way they entered together... she probably expects me to be her wing woman still. I'm being such a bad friend.

"So, Lilly," I change the conversation, including her now, "you looking forward to the premiere tomorrow?"

Just a short little update...

Things are getting angsty though... and I'm very excited for you all to read!