Twenty-seven

"Can I ask you something?" I whisper, despite it just being Jamie and I in the room. We're lying on our sides, diagonal of one another, eyes locked on one another. We'd been laying like this for forever, blankets tucked up to our chests.

Jamie hums, leaning up on his one arm slightly, resting his head in his hand, "anything."

"When did you know?" I ask him, eyes lingering on his toned arm for a moment before returning to his eyes, "that you liked me?"

Jamie smiles slightly, and I can see his reminiscing on the moment in his head right now, "August 15th, 2017." He says the date so casually, taking me aback. Why does that day sound so familiar? "I was this shy 17-year-old, nervous about his first day on set, and you were my youngest cast-mates big sister, who made everyone avatar-themed cookies for the first day."

Of course, that day was familiar. It had been the day that took forever to arrive. As Trinity's sister, I was just as excited as she was for her to start filming, happily switching to online school for the remainder of high school, so I could support her throughout filming. I remember meeting Jamie so clearly, one of those moments you don't realize is about to change everything. When I met him, I didn't imagine we'd become as close as we did.

I never imagined we'd be laying here right now.

"I was mesmerized by you. You were so kind." He continues, breaking me away from my thoughts, "and pretty."

I laugh, cutting him off, something that causes his brows to furrow together with confusion, "I hadn't even gotten my braces off yet," I remind him, thinking back to the painful metal that used to line my teeth, "and I had those awful bangs, the one's the salon completely messed up. I was a dork, Jamie," I remind him, shaking my head, "you, on the other hand, have always looked like a young Henry Cavil. It is completely unfair."

He laughs, and my heart flutters, "yeah, but your smile's the same," he lifts his hand to run his fingers over my lips, tugging the corner up slightly, which only makes me actually smile. "Do you remember the first thing you said to me?"

I search my memory for that moment. I can picture it so clearly in my mind, Jamie was always cute, even when he was seventeen. I remember thinking so the minute I saw him, quietly texting my friends back home about the cute British boy on my sister's set, who I hadn't worked the courage up to talk to yet, "no," I whisper eventually, shaking my head.

"You look like the kind of guy who likes cookies," he laughs, quoting my words from all those years ago. It was a dorky line. I remember immediately regretting it as soon as I said it. "You were so smiley," he recalls, as I groan, remembering the moment more clearly now. I'd been so weird and dorky back then, "I'd never met anybody like you before."

"You were so quiet," I remember out loud, thinking back to those first few weeks on set. I desperately wanted to be his friend. He seemed so cool, and even if my feelings for him didn't come around till later, he was far more attractive than any of the boys I knew. "I thought you found me annoying back then."

"Are you kidding?" Jamie asks, shaking his head, "Eden, I had the biggest crush on you. I had no idea how to talk to you."

Before I can reply, a shiver shoots up through my spine, goosebumps lingering on my arms, chilly. I've always ran cold, constantly walking around my house in the softest sweats and sweaters, and blankets were thrown over my shoulders. Despite the comforter thrown over me, my bare body is freezing.

"You cold?" Jamie asks, before I can respond, he tugs me closer, breaking the small space between us. His arms are much warmer than mine, wrapping around my frame as he pulls me into his chest, hugging me. I hum in response, burying my face against him, soaking up his warmth. "Okay, your turn," he presses a kiss to the top of my head. "When did you fall for me, Trouble?"