Thirteen

"Eden?" Trinity peaks her head through the door of my room in our suite, a concerned smile on her face. She'd encouraged me to head back to our room, claiming she'd let the others know I was feeling ill and needed to lay down. "How are you feeling?" She asks, pouting when she sees me under the covers of my bed, mindlessly watching some baking show on cable.

I hadn't been able to tell my sister everything about why I broke down the way I did. There was no time to; I could tell she was curious, though too kind to ever outwardly ask me what's going on. "I've been better," I admit with a sad chuckle, not bothering to lie.

"Would Bailey, Jack and Brit make it better or worse?" She questions, a slight smirk on her lips, as my tense shoulders drop, nodding slightly as the other girls step into sight. She must have gone back into her room before coming here because she's now dressed in sweats and a sweater, "the guys are on their way; figured we'd need provisions."

Bailey meets me halfway when I stand to greet her, pulling me in for a hug, "Hi, babe," she rubs a soothing circle along my back, mumbling. Bailey knew far back my feelings for Jamie drew from; I can clearly remember that day, almost three years ago. He'd always been my best friend, but there was this moment at the wrap party when he twirled me around, the dim lighting making him feel like the only other person in the room.

When he placed me back down, his hands on my waist, mine on his chest, fingers hovering over his heartbeat, I felt the strongest urge to lean up on my toes and kiss him, my gaze flickering from captivating blue to his dimpled smile, wondering what it'd be like to have them pressed against my own. I told Bailey almost immediately after, pacing her hotel room that night, confused over what I felt at that moment.

"Thank you for coming," I squeeze her back just as tight, like she's an anchor, holding me up. I don't need to say anything for her to know... I'm sure Lilly filled her in on the date tonight, giddy and excited.

Pulling away, Bailey looks me in the eyes, smiling sincerely as she says, "of course." She moves her hands down to squeeze mine in hers. "Trinity, why don't you get into something comfier while we get the room set up?"

Bailey immediately gets to work, moving over to the spare double bed in my room. Our suite is massive, with two separate bedrooms and a giant living room space, far too big for just Trinity and I, though we didn't complain, excited to have our rooms for our time in LA. "We could just watch TV in the sitting room?" I offer, chuckling as she struggles to push the other bed, a chuckle escaping past my lips as I move to help her anyway.

"Yeah, but where's the fun in that?" She raises her brow at me. The bed frame is heavier than it looked, the two of us struggling together; still, it inched closer to the other bed, slowly forming one giant bed for all of us to camp out on for the night. Something Bailey knew would cheer me up.

We've barely made progress when someone else walks in the room. Brit peeks his head in, "What the hell are you two doing?" He laughs, dropping bags of snacks on the nightstand under the TV.

"We're having a sleepover," Trinity, who must have let him into the suite, explains, now dressed in a pair of plaid pj pants, wearing a sweater of mine that she'd stolen ages ago.

Britain is also dressed comfy, pulling me into his side, "Trin and Bails said you were having an emergency?" He informs me, leaning his head on top of mine, "what's going on?"

The words feel foreign coming out of my mouth. I guess a small part of me always hoped one day, Jamie would see me the way I saw him. That one day, he'd want me the way I've wanted him for so long; but that was ridiculous, and reality had made sure to give me a nice slap in the face, letting me know just that. "Jamie and Lilly are going out," I admit, hugging him back, "I know it's stupid to be so heartbroken over a guy I never even dated, but it's just-"