Nine

"What do you think?" Trinity asks, turning around to face me. Her hair is styled half-up, curled into waves. Her makeup is simple and classic, with winged eyeliner making her eyes bright. She looks beautiful, her dress a black strapless gown, long lace gloves adorning her arms.

"Oh, Trin," tears brim my eyes as I take my little sister's hands in mine, looking her up and down. She's so grown up. It's almost startling. I still picture her as my little sister who used to climb into my bed whenever she had a nightmare, begging me to tell her stories until she eventually fell asleep and curled into my side, but she's not that anymore. She's mature and wise beyond her years, and it feels like time is moving at a rapid pace, not planning on slowing down anytime soon. "You look beautiful," I say to her, smiling.

Trinity laughs at the tears threatening to spill from my eyes, shaking her head at me, "no crying. You'll ruin your makeup." She reminds me, though she pulls me in for a hug that lets me know she feels the same, both excited and nervous about tonight.

Someone had done my hair and makeup, too tonight. An outfit picked out for me that I'm positive I could never afford. I have to give it back at the end of the night, and I can't help but feel fearful about wearing it. What if I accidentally spill something on it or trip in my heels and rip something?

My dress is black too, to match my sister's but shorter, with an open back and a keyhole cut out right below my chest, something that terrifies me. One wrong move and I'd be flashing the entire event, something the stylist reassured me wouldn't happen but I still felt fearful about. It's fully sequins and far more glamorous than anything I'd ever usually wear... but Trinity loved it and couldn't get over it after I tried it on, practically begging me to wear it.

"I just can't believe how grown up you are," I mumble, hugging her back just as tight. "Soon, you're not going to need me anymore."

Trinity pulls away slightly, looking up at me with an almost hurt expression on her face. "You're my big sister," she shakes her head, a reassuring smile making its way onto her face. "I'm always going to need you, Eden."

I squeeze her hand again, interlocking our fingers, "and I'm always going to need you," I say, taking in a deep breath; tonight is surely going to be emotional, it's my little sister's first big premiere, and my first time watching her movie... I can't start crying yet. "Come on," I say, "our car is here."

The premiere is in Leicester square, not too far of a drive from our hotel. Each of the young cast had different cars, all large black SUVs with dark black windows that no one could see into, but we could see out. The second we step out of the car, we're greeted with the sound of cheering fans, the sound deafening. Security surrounds us as more SUVs pull up, dropping the others off. "Look at you two," Bailey practically has to yell for us to hear her over all of the loud voices, gliding over to us in her extravagant purple gown, which she looks absolutely breathtaking in. "Can you believe we're actually here?"

I shake my head at her, "this is insane." I admit. I never thought in my lifetime I'd ever attend an event as big as this one... It's overwhelming, we're not even inside, and I already feel like some sort of imposter.

Jack and Lilly get out of their cars; next, the curly-haired boy moves back to her car to help her step out. She's wearing a tight royal blue dress with a matching cape that billows behind her when she walks. Her hair is tied back, showing off her sharp features, makeup done to absolute perfection, "Thank you, Jack." She smiles, kindly accepting his hand.

He smiles, and I can't help but notice how starstruck he looks, taking her in. When she steps out beside him, they linger for a moment before she finally lets it go, quickly moving over to the rest of us, leaving Jack to trail behind her. "You all look stunning," she cheers, I'm standing closest to her, and she's quick to hug me, her expensive perfume engulfing my senses.