Three

Despite waking up early this morning and working basically all day, none of us had made the trip back to our hotel rooms yet, choosing to explore our resort instead, all wanting to hang out a little bit longer. "I can't get over Jack's face in this photo," Lilly laughs, holding her phone out to us.

    It's a photo of all of us on Expedition Everest, screaming as we go down the final drop. Jamie and I are in the third row. My eyes are squeezed shut, laughter escaping past my lips as if he's just told me the funniest joke in the world. He's looking over at me, laughing too. He'd found it quite amusing that I laughed on rollercoasters rather than screaming. Trinity and Bailey are in front of us, large open-mouthed smiles on their faces as they raise their interlocked hands in the air, and lastly, Jack and Lilly are in the front. Somehow, she still looks gorgeous, her hair windswept, smiling like she knew the camera was there... but Jack, on the other hand, is gripping onto her arm like a child, pure terror in his eyes, screaming like he's seen a ghost.

    "I was just doing that to be funny," he tugs at his hair bashfully.

     Jamie claps his arm on the younger boy's shoulder, "sure you were." He teases, shaking his head. We all turn a corner and enter another room. It's completely empty, with lush-looking couches and coffee tables, all surrounding a grand piano.

    Without a word, Jamie takes a seat behind the piano, flexing his fingers over the keys. We all trail in after him as he begins playing a random melody, fingers flying across the keys at a rapid pace, which I can't take my gaze off of, fascinated. Lilly moves to lean against the instrument, watching him as Bailey grabs my hand, twirling me around.

    We waltz around the empty room for the rest of the song, Jack and Trinity beside us, my sister's laughter floating through the room. Bailey and I probably look ridiculous, goofily dancing along to Jamie's piano playing, her humming along completely off-tune. When he stops playing, Lilly claps. "I had no idea you played piano," she gasps, sliding down beside him, "that was amazing."

    Breathless from twirling around and laughing, I pause, Bailey and I leaning against one another as Jamie looks down at the keys, bashful. His cheeks grow a warm shade of pink, and I can't help but wonder what it'd been like to touch them with my hands, which are almost always freezing cold. "It's nothing. I was just fooling around."

    That's the thing about Jamie. He's good at just about everything, yet whenever you try to compliment him, he completely brushes it off like it's no big deal...

    "Fooling around?" Lilly questions, scoffing, "that was not fooling around," she randomly presses a few keys to get her point across, her melody off-key, "that is fooling around."

    "Play us something else," Trinity pleads, breaking into the conversation between them. She worked most of her childhood, and sometimes it feels like she hardly had one. She was far too busy filming and training to have time to do things like this. All of them were.

    "No, no," Jamie holds his hands up, pushing away from the piano as he stands, shaking his head. We're paying too much attention to him now. His cheeks are completely flushed, his gaze downcast, almost embarrassed. I wasn't sure whether to find his hatred for attention adorable or irritating, wishing he'd continue playing for us.

    "Come on," I pout at him, stepping forward. Jamie finally glances up at me, "it's just us."

     Before Jamie can respond, Trinity chimes in again, "Eden can play with you," she volunteers me excitedly. Breaking my gaze away from Jamie, I look back at my younger sister. I can't remember the last time I played piano in front of other people... Even when we left my birth father, I was shy about playing in front of others. Preferring to play in the privacy of my bedroom, headphones plugged into my keyboard.